Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CFW What the F.... is up?

Lefty
    Hey I just had a great idea maybe you jetboat guys could have your own outing. Maybe you can all get together plan a weekend have the lake all to yourselves. Since we have Fathers day maybe you guys could do it on Mothers day.
    Just Joking I don't have a problem with the jet guys or the wakeboard guys. I have a problem with the individuals that give there groups a bad name.

Ditto Dragboats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Water was crappy in the afternoons anyway. Plus, very few went out early Saturday or Sunday. Everybody is entitled to the water.

72wreidt72
    sounds like the first post got beat by a jet :crossx: j/k I agree with the chop and the fake boarding boats/waverunners/dumbasz people but all in all everyone I talked to was friendly and had a good time.

Klass Klown
    I own a jet boat, but it sounds like most are not wanted down there. We have the problem on our local lake of people going back and forth not waiting for others to make a speed run with out wakes. Those people are ass holes irregardless of what boat they prefer. I do take exception to folks running real close to shore in 5 m.p.h zones around children I take the law into my own hands in that case. All in all from what I have read the IDIOT who ran at 5.00 a.m should have his ass whooped as he will ruin it for all.... :220v:

brienklein
    To the Nostalgic V drive club
    I have a ski boat and have been attending cfw for many years now. I always respect the cove and what it is for. I paid for the weekend just like you. If I want to drive my boat in and out of the cove when we do go ski we should be allowed. I can just ski right in the cove if you would like. No I choose to go to the other side of the lake in a cove and do our buisness, but thats not good enough for you, you want that cove to, why dont you just claim the whole lake. I do agree with what you are saying about the racing cove though. Remember we are all boaters to. Just becuase there is a few dick heads dont catorgize us all. Some of us enjoy different boats. PS I think the jets should go on Mothers Day weekend, great idea

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Its actually pretty simple guys. If you want to be realistic about making passes on smooth quiet water without the idiots, you have to be able to show up during the week. I've been to 1 or 2 of these get-togethers and would be out of business if weekend shooting was all I had to offer.
    Every year I read the same old complaints on these boards but nothing will change, or if it does it will only get worse.
    I can understand the frustration for you guys that (because of work) are limited to weekends only. :frown:
    --Jerry

TopCat
    Maybe all the BIG BAD V-DRIVE boat owners could wear beany copter hats, so we will see them and stay clear. I agree with the jet ski and ski boat gripe cuz there's so many other parts of the lake they could use but jet boats aren't the problem its all about respect, but if you want an all v-drive event then why don't you pay for it by compensating the owner for the loss of business but you're right its idiots that ruin it for everyone and you just made the list, congrats!!!! :yuk:

Nostalgic Spectra
    First time posting, but it took something like this to happen. I have no problem with the ski boats skiing in the back side coves. Its the one's that are not skiing and just flying by while we are hanging out.
    The bottom line is that they call it 1/4 mile for reason. If there is any boats running in the cove, you don't go do your stupid show.
    By the way, ain't no squirt gun beat me either. Thats for sure

Day-Go
    Get after them Dog!! That was some of the funniest shht I have read. Especially for a first post!! I doubt it is any of the folks on this forum that cuased the problems anyways so what are we talking about. If everyone else had as much sense as those posting we would be in great shape. Its about respect. This weekend isnt every other weekend. It was a semi organized event that was a chance to show off your shht, talk some shht, make new friends. Its not the boat you drive that creates the problem its the intelligence of the driver, however it is a fact that the average Jet Boater has a lower IQ. Now that is a Joke Boys!! Some of my best friends have Jet Boats I just dont go to the lake with them.
    On a serious note someone else said you got to educate the newbees. So with a little effort it might get better. Maybe a members only or invite only for one weekend isnt too much to ask once a year. Bottom line not our choice, its a business!!!
    Jerry , You are correct.
    Lefty I like the Mothers Day comment.
    As far as Nostalgic giving up there spot hell no!!! Better have a big cast iron pot.
    Lets not self destruct on this. Make it work for all!!!! Peace My Brothers!!!

Klass Klown
    Sheriffs took my pot. I stepped up since tho.....
    Sure you did. :skull:

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast