Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CFW What the F.... is up?

mfrey
    It was a fun week...dodging the wind...running in the am and pm all week...all was good. Until Friday night. The San Quentin "D Block" Reunion rolled in Friday afternoon. The 2 pit bulls were turned loose to wreck havoc on the rest of the campers. The cat calling and loud music started at about 1am and continued until about 3am until they finally passed out. I think one of the guys that posted in this thread contributed with some firecrackers...but they weren't the problem. After I talked to one of the d blockers on Saturday, they finally put one of the pitbulls away, but the other continued to roam free. At 2am on Saturday night/Sunday morning...the music began blasting again...and several of the d blockers began taunting the southern campground area with f/u's as loud as he could. I politely asked them (about 6 of them) to please turn off the music as people wanted to be up early running the boats...I said something about respect...I got an f/u from them and they wouldn't turn it off. So I turned it off for them. They threatened me, family, etc...security came finally and got them to quiet down for a few minutes...then the lead loud mouth finally passed out. Then it started again in the morning. I got 6 hours of sleep in 2 nights. They did get kicked out Sunday morning at about 7:30, but it shouldn't be that way...and this isn't the first time this has happened at CFW. I'm done with father's day...not worth the risk to my family.

Towndrunk
    Three weeks ago I was testing my hydro @ 7am running 1/8 mile spurts paralell with the dam here at Lake Pleasant. I'm running a little over 100 and some dick comes from the other side of the lake and down a half mile to within 200 yards of me and did a left turn leaving some nice rollers for me. Thanks god my nitrous line was broken or it could have been really hairy. Point is, you guys don't have all the dipsticks cause I know we have at least one!! :crossx:

Kim Hanson
    First post and you snivle like a girl. How many other names do you go by?
    Hiding behind a false screen name is what I call gay. I laugh at jet boaters that think their boats are fast but I still enjoy watching them make an ass of themselves having a good time. Next you'll wine about outboards kicking your ass. Jeezzzzzzz :cry:
    Are we having fun TD ..........( . )( . )...............

Kim Hanson
    i know i was just kidding. but seriously, the kind of boat a lot of us do (racing on public water) doesn't take precidence over any one else that wants to be on the same water. You got to be patient because at the end of the day the water is there for everyone and drag racing on public water is illegal. sucks to wait for wakeboard boats and jet skis and even jet boats but that's the way it is. i feel lucky that there are still places you can even run a fast boat without getting hassled by the cops. it wont last forever.
    I have never seen a posted speed limit sign yet so it's to the floor and let her buck........( . )( . ).............

waterwitch
    This is really sad to hear. Jeff and I absolutely LOVE
    CFW. We have drove over 15 hours to get there not once
    but 3 times! Stories like this break my heart. I can handle
    the rough water alot easier then I can handle a bunch of
    gang bangers with pitbulls and loud music! I am wondering why
    it took till Sun, to kick them out, (like that is really going to make
    a difference) These stories will make us question ourselves if it's
    worth it.....

Lefty
    Mfrey it is to bad you had to deal with that, there is no reasoning with drunks. It was good meeting you. If we don't see you out there again maybe will see you out at the drags. When my brother gets his boat together we would like to take it. The saddest part of all these stories is it runs off all the good people.

HaulinAss
    Me and the boys have been going to Camp Far for the last 8 years, and I have never been so pissed off.
    First off, I thought that Fathers days weekend gig was for V-drives only? Since we have been going there we would probably see 1-2 jets the entire weekend each time. This last weekend I thought that I was in Vegas looking at foutain show at the Bellagio. Don't get me wrong, if you got a jet that can hold your own against the big boys with v-drives, come show what you got. I can't stand those pecker woods that do the whole "lets see how high I can get the tip of myboat out of the water" B.S. On top of that, they were doing it in 1/4 mile cove, where they are suppose to race, not do their gay boat dance.
    Next, their second cousin, the jet ski, those f....in things were all over the place, including the cove were they don't belong. I think it's a major problem when you can't even drive into the cove without dodging those idiots that don't even know how to drive those things. I personally almost took out two of them.
    Oh yeah, did I mention the ski boats? Ski boats have always been there but they would always just come into the cove, post up off to the side and be spectators, thats cool. But in past years, we would drive off to another cove just hang out, drink some beers, b.s. with about 3-4 boats. Now, the ski boats come into those coves and throw up wakes at us, no respect,no brains.
    Some of you guys that have been going to Camp Far the last 5-6 years know that this last weekend was a pretty small turn out for race boats, and the classics as well. I think the amount jets, jet ski's, and ski boats over the weekend will tell you why. Something has to be done. Me and the boys are thinking real hard about ever returning there, and thats a shame.
    Nostalgic V-drives
    Northern Ca.
    Is this Ryan? Whats up man its Matt,if its not then im sure I know ya thru the group.I do own a jet (that Black/Gold Bahner) but agree with you 100% I was telling Sean and Scott(new owner of the Cole) that Im really a V-drive guy thats trying to see what I can do as the underdog kinda like the days of streetracing trying to see what I can do in a small tire car when it would go faster in a big tire car,I got the big tire car now I just need to do the same with the boats,dont worry soon enough Ill join the dark side .There were some real fukkin winners out there this year.I heard about the damage some morons did spinning dounuts and such,that shit isnt right and I agree there were alot of people there that shouldnt have been out there,well at least in the cove,but at the same time some really kewl people were there as well.There are also some hardcore Jet guys that have alot of time and money in their shit,their boats haul ass and give alot of the V-drives a run for the money and feel the same way we do.But there are the morons that paid 1500 for a running jet boat and all the sudden they are progas drivers,cmon wtf........Anyhow,Ill go again its a blast.Even if I have my jet

Sangerboy
    This is very unfortunate. Eraser and I got there on Wednesday and left on Friday morning. Sounds like we made the right decision. It was awesome while we were there, quiet at night (except for my snoring, check with Moose, who was camped next to us) and able to run whenever the wind died down enough. Nobody fired up before 7, got to line up against Whitey several times, it was a blast. Sounds like the weekends are going to end up like they did at Needles, where if you had anything fast you didn't even put it in the water. Once the talking starts it is only a matter of time before we can't use it anymore :frown:

HaulinAss
    By the way, ain't no squirt gun beat me either. Thats for sure
    Wanna race :rollside:

It's unfortunate but this is nothing new, it's been going on for a long long time.
    Easy Solution: Drag your Junk to Irvine Lake!!
    Thanks to Dave N, hours and hours of flat water..........

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast