Thread: carb help.or boat shop

Raskal
    where can i get my quadrajet fixed and fast .''so much for the river this weekend '' .

Moneypitt
    where can i get my quadrajet fixed and fast .''so much for the river this weekend '' .
    That is kinda of a vague question. If you took it off and ran over it with a truck, I doubt you're gonna find a quick fix. But, if it has a simple to fix problem there are people here that may be able to walk you through it and get it working. So, what is wrong? Please give a little history as well, it will help get you headed in the right direction, and/or point you to a shop that can do it for you..........MP

where can i get my quadrajet fixed and fast
    the quickest fix for that carb is to throw it in the "trash" can & get a nice Edelbrock or Holley of ur choice...u will be way ahead of the game!
    fastrat

DelawareDave
    the quickest fix for that carb is to throw it in the "trash" can & get a nice Edelbrock or Holley of ur choice...u will be way ahead of the game!
    fastrat
    That's Brutal!

Keithb87
    fastrat
    That's what I was going to say. There is a reason we allways called them Quadra-"JUNKS".

Aluminum Squirt
    Easy on the Q-jet fellas, they're not that bad. Q-jets can run hard, you just need to know what you are doing. Sure there not as good looking as a Holley or the other 'holley' like carbs but a Q-jet will work fine on many boats. Won't see too many at the races, but they are just fine on a family/mild performance boat. When I was a kid I had a neighbor who could make a Q-jet run hard. He was a genious carb guy and new all the good tricks. I saw him set up numerous street rods and a few boats with one. The tick is finding somebody who knows. Of course, dumping $500 into one wouldn't make much sense but it can be made to work. There is a rochester book out there somewhere, very similar to the "how to hot rod your......(whatever motor)" books that is very helpful. Not sure any of what I said will help, but find somebody who knows q-jets and they'll be able to set you up. If you can't find somebody, then un-bolt it, throw it in the trash, bolt up a Holley and go to the lake-Aluminum Squirt

PSI Racing
    This probably doesnt help but we do q-jets all the time here as we have a-lot of alum river boats.Could turn it around in a day if you cant find a local guy.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I will have to side with squirt on this one. As many of the "old school" people are in here they should know that all the old muscle cars came with q-jets. Just think about all the 396's that were 350-375hp and the 427's that had 425hp. THose motors ran those numbers with q-jets. A q-jet is a great carb IF you can get the right guy to tune it. That is the key

DelawareDave
    It also helps if you have a "marine" q-jet. No emissions crap on it.

superdave013
    well you are right by Tom Papp's shop. I would take the boat over there. He will fix you up and treat you fair. Might even get you in n out in time for the river.