Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ELIMINATOR 33' DAYTONA 146MPH 03/2001

HBjet
    That is very nice that HTM's 30 footer has ran 149.999 (150) on the GPS, and of course, it would have been faster, but it ran out of prop. (I love that!) Well, back in the March issue of Hot Boat straight from the Eliminator factory came along a 33' which weighted 9200lbs with 60 gallons for fuel on board, no passangers. For power is has a pair of Mercury 900SC motors. This boat was a basic production setup with full interior, not a race setup.
    So 146mph in a 33' Eliminator Daytona with Mercury 900SC and number six drives and weighing in at 9200 pounds is pretty impressive. That tells you something about the bottom of those boats.
    Good job though HTM, I just wouldn't hoot and hauler about a 30' doing 149.999 in January 2002 when a 33' did 146 in March 2001
    HBjet

572Daytona
    Yeah, but the real question is whether or not it is a Hot Boat, just what side of the boat is the steering wheel on anyway? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

mrpumpsHTM
    HB jet,,, The HTM is straight out of the factory not by no means a full drag setup(8/71/8 LB BOOST),has full interior,5 passengers,1/2to 3/4 tanks of fuel ,weighed in about 9600lbs,and it ran out of props as stated,bounced off the rev limiters at 7200rpm
    i think realistictley it will run 155/160ish.thats to damn fast for me. as for houtin and haulin ,damn my boat can't even come close to it ,sure is a lot of sceptical people.......c u on the water
    [This message has been edited by mrpumpsHTM (edited January 10, 2002).]

MONEY
    mrpumpsHTM,
    Unless your tub o shit HTM has wings and two 747 jet engines bolted to the transom quit bullshitting everybody on this board about going 150 on the GPS.
    AS for the Eliminator 33, you guys are not even on the same radar screen.
    MONEY

WILDMAN
    Now kids, let's play nice!

shockwaveharry
    MONEY must know what he is talking about. Went through all the the trouble to register so he could get vital information to us, his friends, here in the forum. I'm sorry but mrpumpsHTM has been exposed! THANK YOU MONEY! Your TWO posts must be considered for what they truly are: undeniable evidence!
    Hay MONEY, keep posting. ASS HOLE! http://www.theunholytrinity.org/crac...o/up_yours.gif

HBjet
    MrpumpsHTM, 9600lbs, what, did you just throw that out there? j/k, WOW that is one fat 30' if you ask me. Most 33' Daytonas way about 8800lbs with fuel on board. You guys ran out of prop when the motors hit there rev limiters at 7200 RPM? Well, the 33' Daytona on it's maiden voyage did 146 MPH at 6100 RPM with a statment of "Maybe the 150-mile-an-hour mark with factory-built Mercury motors isn't that far off" Let me ask you MRpumpsHTM, what HP were there running? or were they factory Mercury motors also? Really, what HP?
    HBjet

Chet 17
    Yo HB, you ever look into a cabin of the two boats in question, the 33' comes with a 3"foam pad covered to match your interior, and if you lay on your belly you can shimmy up towards the nose and take a nap.
    Now on the 30' you can step down inside and invite 4 to 5 people (avg 200 lbs) and watch a movie on the dvd or brew a pot of coffee or blend up some frozen drinks and entertain, and for a little extra they will wire with disco lights and even the sacred disco ball, and still have enough for 5 to 6 people up top and speeds in the triple zone, and I allmost can bet you will still have change from the difference you would have spent on the 33'...just my .02
    Late Chet

Boatjob
    I side with you HBjet. I don't know what HTM is trying to prove. I give HTM all the credit in the world, but common now, mrpumpsHTM, your not giving the 33'Eliminator credit so why should we give the HTM credit? Oh by the way mrpumpsHTM, do u work for HTM or something? You surely do have a strong opinion

HBjet
    Originally posted by Chet 17:
    Yo HB, you ever look into a cabin of the two boats in question, the 33' comes with a 3"foam pad covered to match your interior, and if you lay on your belly you can shimmy up towards the nose and take a nap.
    Now on the 30' you can step down inside and invite 4 to 5 people (avg 200 lbs) and watch a movie on the dvd or brew a pot of coffee or blend up some frozen drinks and entertain, and for a little extra they will wire with disco lights and even the sacred disco ball, and still have enough for 5 to 6 people up top and speeds in the triple zone, and I allmost can bet you will still have change from the difference you would have spent on the 33'...just my .02
    Late Chet
    Dude, who the hell is going to buy a 30' tunnel do they can watch a DVD and drink a coffee while there on the water? I don't know about anyone else, but that is the dumbest thing, or selling point I've heard. If I want to watch a DVD, it won't be in a boat on the water with a LCD moniter I paid too much for and sound that just doesn't compare to my home system. If I want coffee, I go to Starbucks. The neon light and disco ball, that is cool, but on another persons boat. I would think the neon in the open cockpit area would be cooler for those night time rides and floats. Then everyone would know where the party is at, not just the 5-6 people under the deck. Yeah, I know the Eliminator costs more, but your paying for the looks too. Kind like girls at a strip club, you have to spend more on the better looking ones. The ugly ones you can get a lot cheaper.
    HBjet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast