Thread: looking for gas tanks

mechcanic427
    i have a 72 rebel with rusted out tanks and am looking for 2 which measure 60" long,10.5" tall and taper from 7" t0 4", thanks for any info

i have a 72 rebel with rusted out tanks and am looking for 2 which measure 60" long,10.5" tall and taper from 7" t0 4", thanks for any info
    ck www.Overtons.com they carry fiberglass side tanks...pretty good price also
    fastrat

mechcanic427
    overtons didn't have anything that would fit, thanks for the tip, anyone else have some for sale?

YeLLowBoaT
    If they are not too bad you can re seal them using a kit from por-15. I did that on my tank just for piece of mind. It is rather envoled( add them let it sit, wash that out with this, add this let it sit...), but its not hard.( just a matter of reading and then fallowing the instructions.) Most hot rod shops carry it. Its ~ $40.

YeLLowBoaT
    heres a link Tank sealer kit. (http://www.por15.com/PRODUCTS/COMPLE...6/Default.aspx)
    you can get it ALOT cheaper then that. Just check your local hot rod shops. Almost all of them carry it.

Classic Daycruiser
    http://www.custommarinefueltanks.com/
    Mine are aluminum. You might think about have them fabricated custom to fit your needs. Things like mounting setup, filler nozzles, etc... can be tailored to your needs. My tank is a belly tank that holds 50 gallons in the Eliminator (1985). Aluminum can be polished, and might look good in your application.
    The link above does it all, as well as two part expoxy.

i have a set but they are only 9" high.

atxwrangler
    a guy on the texas***boats.com board was trying to get rid of some in wants and needs i think.