Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Raylar engine troubles ?

vmjtc3
    Anyone ever have trouble with raylar engine kit's. If so what happend. Thanks :rollside:

phebus
    POPCORN, get your POPCORN :rollside:

INSman
    Shadow is pretty much an "Expert" with the subject and I am closing in on him Kachina26 is probably tied with me, maybe slightly ahead :220v:

Mandelon
    But don't ask Riverholic.

vmjtc3
    Not trying to start any problems but we had issues with one this weekend and wont know what happend untill the tear down. I was just wondering if anyone had had anything like what happend ,happen to them and what caused it. In our case (my brother-in-law's boat) something came apart in the topend (we think). What ever came through hit the sparkplug and closed the gap. So it was metal of some sort. Just curious if anyone had something happen like this and what caused it. Thats all.

shadow
    sounds like the imfamous broken rocker nut.

INSman
    sounds like the imfamous broken rocker nut.
    Get's my vote

Kachina26
    I don't think a broken rocker nut would get into the cylinder to close the plug gap. Sounds more like the infamous broken piston. In Raylar's defense, that's a mercruiser issue. Sure hope you just busted a nut

INSman
    I don't think a broken rocker nut would get into the cylinder to close the plug gap. Sounds more like the infamous broken piston. In Raylar's defense, that's a mercruiser issue. Sure hope you just busted a nut
    That could create a tough warranty issue, if in fact still in the factory Merc warranty period :220v:

Kachina26
    That could create a tough warranty issue, if in fact still in the factory Merc warranty period :220v:
    HA! No issue. There's no warranty, simple

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast