Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Raylar engine troubles ?

superdave013
    That could create a tough warranty issue, if in fact still in the factory Merc warranty period :220v:
    lol, I would say that would be pretty cut and dry. No way could anyone expect merc to warranty an engine that's been modified like that.

vmjtc3
    The only thing stock was the oil pan and valve cover's. The entire motor was gone through with only the best parts installed when the 525 stroker crank was done. I am not saying it is raylars fault just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

ultra27jay
    POPCORN, get your POPCORN :rollside:
    damm! u beat me to it! but anyways let the games begin!!!!

vmjtc3
    you guys enjoy I was just asking a question thats all.............

ultra27jay
    you guys enjoy I was just asking a question thats all.............
    last weekend in havi my buddy had kinda the same problem. the new and inproved rocker nut let lose. 1400.00 dollars and a day out of the water problem fixed. this is the second time this happened, hes running a 496 ho with with the raylar kit. and now the boat is for sale...just my 02 cents sorry about your troubles hope to see u out on the water soon... :rollside:

INSman
    last weekend in havi my buddy had kinda the same problem. the new and inproved rocker nut let lose. 1400.00 dollars and a day out of the water problem fixed. this is the second time this happened, hes running a 496 ho with with the raylar kit. and now the boat is for sale...just my 02 cents sorry about your troubles hope to see u out on the water soon... :rollside:
    The only new and improved that will withstand the test of time are the ones that Darrell/Shadow had made up along with some new studs, both made by ARP if I am not mistaken that are 7/16.

ultra27jay
    The only new and improved that will withstand the test of time are the ones that Darrell/Shadow had made up along with some new studs, both made by ARP if I am not mistaken that are 7/16.
    i here that darrell should sell the idea to raylar....

INSman
    i here that darrell should sell the idea to raylar....
    Good, bad or indifferent, Ray kinda marches to his own drummer and does pretty much his own thing. I do however think that he should incorporate this upgrade or solution into each and every kit. We all want reliability, and this would certainly add and in no way detract from happier days on the water.

ultra27jay
    Good, bad or indifferent, Ray kinda marches to his own drummer and does pretty much his own thing. I do however think that he should incorporate this upgrade or solution into each and every kit. We all want reliability, and this would certainly add and in no way detract from happier days on the water.
    well put! :boxed:

Kilrtoy
    15K for a 525 sure sounds like cheap hp right about now

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast