Thread: Splash guard on rear? Yes? No?

castone001
    Folks,
    I have my appointment at L&L Marine tomorrow morning. They will create my splashguard for my 79 Charger. It will be blue and have the half circles to go under my Bassets. These two mods, color and header fits add 100.00 to the price. So for 400.00 I get a pretty blue splash guard.
    So question here, yes there actually is a question, is this really needed for the river/Lake Mojave etc?
    400.00 is half the cost of a place diverter with hydraulics
    Thanks,
    chris

NautiTwins
    Folks,
    I have my appointment at L&L Marine tomorrow morning. They will create my splashguard for my 79 Charger. It will be blue and have the half circles to go under my Bassets. These two mods, color and header fits add 100.00 to the price. So for 400.00 I get a pretty blue splash guard.
    So question here, yes there actually is a question, is this really needed for the river/Lake Mojave etc?
    400.00 is half the cost of a place diverter with hydraulics
    Thanks,
    chris
    I doubt you would need it for either. Just keep the nose pointed out when anchored. MOjave, gets pretty nasty and I never needed it on my COLE>

460 jus getn it
    I dont have one on my 81 kachina........................................... ..........

cave
    Yours sits higher than mine Ty. Mine sits purdy low and has been a fish bowl once or twice. The water here can get rough. Thank very much Wake Boaters. I made mine but will buy the next one. Real pain to make.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Buy a Wicked boat, I hav'nt needed one on mine!!!! Budlight

HBjet
    I had on on my Liberty, and I liked the look with no splash guard better, but I liked knowing its going to keep a lot of water out.
    Yeah, you can always point the nose, and do all these little things to prevent the water from spilling over when floating or anchored, or you can do nothing when you have a splash guard.
    I always liked floating, even on Parker and when a boats wake would come up along the side or rear I never had to fire up and move. I just watched as 90% of the water was deflected as some still entered the boat, it was never anything to be worried about. I have had buddies (cyclone) floating next to me at Big River where a ski boat wake would hit both of our boats and I had little water, where as his boat sure had a lot and he had to make sure that bildge was on and running.
    If you want one, get it. It won't hurt you and it would also be good to have an auto bildge as well.
    HBjet

Ken F
    Another thing is that if you are ever stranded out in the lake or river with a boat that won't start in rough water....I've wished I had one several times.
    Ken F

Captain Assin' Off
    I run 3 Rule 2000 pumps on auto switches, that handle most all stearn wash.
    I did learn the hard way about pump capacity when I beached too hard, and the wash sunk my Hondo. I've since sealed the bildge with a water tight bulkhead at the passenger compartment, with one pump in that area, also on an auto switch. It seems as if you can keep the water in the engine bay, you can pump most out with multiple pumps, and not sink.
    I've since had water mid block, and not sunk, so I'm fairly confident the system works, but if the water transfers, and has somewhere else to go, you're done.
    I did all that cuz splash guards are unappealing to the eye, no matter how well they fit. Not saying I'm right, just a stubborn boater!

76charger
    Can anyone tell how to get in touch with L&L Marine

cave
    Is this it? l n l marine (http://www.llmarine.com/)