Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tail bushings

MISSING
    Trying to rebuild the bowl of my pump, the rest is done. How do you get the 2 bronze bushings out of the bowl? I need to now, as I have mangled them trying get them out...no turning back now. Thanks...

El Prosecutor
    I found a socket with a close OD and pounded 'em out with an extension. Carefully. :boxed:

SmokinLowriderSS
    el-cheapo seal/bearing driver from Har-Ber freight works just dandy.

502 JET
    I machined a piece of bar stock to fit the bushings then pressed out with a hydrolic press.They did not come out easy.

MISSING
    Well, went to a machine shop and got them to press out the bushings. Unfortunately, the press took a little more than necessary out. It pushed out the inside of the bowl...GREAT...so I am gonna pinch the bowl off my dads boat for the time being. The machine shop said he could fix the broken bowl better than new for 350 CDN. Anyone know if this is a problem that can be fixed or am I further ahead to buy a new/used bowl? Thanks

El Prosecutor
    Well, went to a machine shop and got them to press out the bushings. Unfortunately, the press took a little more than necessary out. It pushed out the inside of the bowl...GREAT...so I am gonna pinch the bowl off my dads boat for the time being. The machine shop said he could fix the broken bowl better than new for 350 CDN. Anyone know if this is a problem that can be fixed or am I further ahead to buy a new/used bowl? Thanks
    Here is one good solution:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Berke...55QQitemZ18000 1631101QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    I didn't spend much time searching, but I would see if www.rexmar.com has the same thing.

MISSING
    Don't think that will work...it tore the bushings out as well as the spot for the seal, not to mention a 3-4" section of the bowl where the seal and bushings go...

MISSING
    Don't think that will work...it tore the bushings out as well as the spot for the seal, not to mention a 3-4" section of the bowl where the seal and bushings go...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    can you post a picture???? I would liek to see what happened....

MISSING
    Here's a pic...less than ideal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast