Thread: Sportmaster lower......HELP

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    Just drained the oil in my lower. Oil look good, except a litte ( a few swirls ) of milk. I already blew the lower once. Have lakelands vent kit in it now. The oil being drained might have 20 hrs or so on it. Should i panic? Like i said there is just a small amount of milky crap. Thanks in advance

kanedog
    hopefully its just a little jizz.......hehe. you can ride with us if it breaks. no worries.
    or, if it breaks, we can tow you to the channel and when a spot opens up, we can shove you in. the hot chicks wont know if your lower is broken. You will have to get your other lower working for maximum performance.

Spectre140
    Just drained the oil in my lower. Oil look good, except a litte ( a few swirls ) of milk. I already blew the lower once. Have lakelands vent kit in it now. The oil being drained might have 20 hrs or so on it. Should i panic? Like i said there is just a small amount of milky crap. Thanks in advance
    I wouldn't worry too much. A little bit? Maybe one of the drains took in a bit of water. I just drained my 6's (4 1/2 qts.) and one had a touch of light brown\white at the very end. Next time you change it see if it happens again.

Three Days Only
    I wouldn't worry too much. A little bit? Maybe one of the drains took in a bit of water. I just drained my 6's (4 1/2 qts.) and one had a touch of light brown\white at the very end. Next time you change it see if it happens again.
    Check if the upper and lower studs are tight by moving the lower unit side to side. If they are, dont over tighten them as you can shear the bolt or strip the housing fairly easy, then you got to drop the lower to reapir the studs. If the bolts are just alittle loose water can enter through the orings between the upper and lower, or another issue might be the prop shaft seal, cheap and easy fixes.