Thread: A differnet type of drive shower

496mag
    I found a drive shower on the internet a while back that I can not seem to locate again. This shower routed through the transom and it got its water from the raw water pump. Has anyone else seen this and know where I can find it on the web and does anyone have an opinion on this type of shower?

Not So Fast
    Why would you want this,... thru the transom??? Whats wrong with the many available from almost everybody .... Eddie, Dana, Rex. Just attach to outdrive and go, simple and clean, Why reinvent the wheel, or am I missing something here NSF

Dana Marine Products
    Having a shower that pulls water from the raw pump through a bulkhead to a shower head seems over complicated and simply not necessary. The only theory behind that type of installation would be a constant flow of water no matter what the situation, which is great, but there's a much easier and cleaner way to accomplish that. There's a spot on the side of a Bravo upper that you just drill and tap directly into the main water feed for the engines water system. It's done all the time. It's simple, clean, and easy to do. All DMP showers have an option for this type of installation. It just requires you to drill and tap the drive.

496mag
    there's a much easier and cleaner way to accomplish that. There's a spot on the side of a Bravo upper that you just drill and tap directly into the main water feed for the engines water system. It's done all the time. It's simple, clean, and easy to do. All DMP showers have an option for this type of installation. It just requires you to drill and tap the drive.
    Do you have a picture of this?
    I guess to answer your questions the only reason I would want that is to make sure there is always flow. I am always hearing about how at high trim angles you can loose watter and my concern is that my boat is trimmead out almost all the way when at top speed. I guess the short of the long of it is I am just looking for ideas here. I also really liked the look of that shower with out the hose coming down the face of the drive but looks arent as important as properly cooling my drive so for now I remain undecided.