Thread: A few questions

buzzaro
    Is there a way to tell what gear ratio a Bravo 1 has from the outside (stamping or something)?
    Also what are the performance/handling effects of going to a smaller/larger diameter prop? I know how pitch affects things but not diameter.
    And finally, how are cleaver props different performance-wise from standard props? Advantages/disadvantages? Thanks for any info.

phebus
    On my Bravo drive, on the upper unit, port side, is the serial number, and the drive ratio.

EXTREMEBOATS
    On props, what ive learnd is alot more info is needed. I just finished a complete redo on a 94 Power Quest, Ledgend 250. Paint, interior, transom, out drive and freshen up the 454 mag that was in it. After all was done my customer wanted to add a 174 blower. When all was done we went from running 64 mph with a 21 pitch tree blade Mirage to a Brovo 28 pitch four blade. I never knew how well a four blade worked on a deep v with a low "X" dimention. This hull only has two lift strakes the length of the bottom. The two center strakes end about 6' befor the transom. Well 8 pounds boost, 5200rpm on gps it ran 78mph. We were more then pleased with the end result. Theres alot to consider is my point. And by the time the prop was "labed" or tweeked it cost $740. Glad its not my money...LOL :cry:
    Mike