Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Havasu pool builders

phebus
    Going to be putting a pool in the Havasu house. I need reccomendations on good builders, and warnings of builders to stay away from. I have it down to a short list, but I know there are builders to stay away from, and as soon as I think I found a builder I really like, I hear a horror story.

KREGER
    If you go north on the 95 and turn left on palo Verde north there is a Saaawwwweeeeeet pool going in on a corner house on the right about two blocks down. You can see it from the street. Mohave County Pools is doing that one. Are place is up Palo verde North, and I drive by there when going to windsor each time. Advantage Pools has a nice looking Ad in the Yellow pages. I have not done a pool yet.

Ivan Dan
    We had a good experience with Sand Castle pools. When we were interviewing contractors we narrowed it down to two which were Sandcastle and Mohave County Pools. I would use either of these 2 and would expect them to do a quality job.

Mr. Naudio
    Going to be putting a pool in the Havasu house. I need reccomendations on good builders, and warnings of builders to stay away from. I have it down to a short list, but I know there are builders to stay away from, and as soon as I think I found a builder I really like, I hear a horror story.
    Designer Pools Yes
    Neat Pool NO FRIGGIN WAY

MagicMtnDan
    Be the general contractor and save at least $10,000 by working with the subs yourself. You get control and they get their money faster (pool companies are notorious for paying their subs very slowly if at all).
    You win, they win, we all win

phebus
    Be the general contractor and save at least $10,000 by working with the subs yourself. You get control and they get their money faster (pool companies are notorious for paying their subs very slowly if at all).
    The trouble is knowing what subs to use. One sub can screw up the whole job, and if you use a reputable contractor, he should know the good subs from the bad (since it's his name on the finished product), and the money you pay,might be worth it.

duffster
    You are correct owner builder is the only way to go. We are getting one put in at our home right now in Murrieta using Metzgar Construction yes Mike Metzgar's dad Ted a very cool dude.
    By the looks of things will save around 10k and get a ton more for the money than using a pool company. Plus for some reason Ted seems to get the subs out faster for the cash.

Not So Fast
    We wanted one so out went the bids, I know I'm living in yesteryear but WOW :sqeyes: Yes it had quite a bit of rock work and a beach entrance for the grandkids (me too) and seats in the sides with a couple of tables, but it was only going to be 5' deep. Anyway two bids later and I'm wondering where to get $60,000 + 85' of wall :idea: Someday maybe. NSF

phebus
    My lot is 125'x145', so walls are going to put me in the poor house. If I go across the back, and part way up the sides, I'm looking at probably at least 160' of wall. OUCH!!!!!

TCN
    My lot is 125'x145', so walls are going to put me in the poor house. If I go across the back, and part way up the sides, I'm looking at probably at least 160' of wall. OUCH!!!!!
    Rick, are you going to do gunite or fiberglass? What kind of prices have you got so far? We got a quote for the pool and flat work the other day that was very affordable but the retaining wall across the back is what I'm worried about. We may do it in phases if we do it soon and do all the walls and fence first. I have to figure out how to make my money tree produce more fruit before we do anything. Nick

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast