Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Owens 2 Speed Question

78Eliminator
    I have a two speed Scott Owens trans. It is attached to a lenco bellhousing. It has a large nut at the top and another one at the bottom. How do I tell what "full" is on the transmission when I am checking the fluid level?

sdpm
    You can't check the level. Drain it and fill it with 1 qt of Torco MTF. Change it often. Oil is cheap.

78Eliminator
    Just one quart? Ok, thanks for the answer!!

Fiat48
    You can't check the level. Drain it and fill it with 1 qt of Torco MTF. Change it often. Oil is cheap.
    I understand it is hard on the sprag to get out of the throttle in low gear. Since you have experience, please reply on that. Thanks.

sdpm
    I understand it is hard on the sprag to get out of the throttle in low gear. Since you have experience, please reply on that. Thanks.
    Hi 48, I am no expert on them (we run a 3 spd Owens) from what I was told and understand is that they need to have a load on them or yes you can roll a sprag. They are not intended to be used in anything other than a race application no cruising. Here is Scott Owens ph # if you would like to talk to him for better info. Our Owens has been excellent . Only 1 problem last year with a brg. that we replaced at the track and it has been perfect ever since.
    Owens Racing Transmissions-(559)539-2925

Good things to know!!! Just got my first tranny and about ready to put everything together. One thing I like about Owens over Lenco is that they fail in High gear!!! My old man just bought a new owens that's spragless so he's getting excited. Should be here next week!!!!

77charger
    Good things to know!!! Just got my first tranny and about ready to put everything together. One thing I like about Owens over Lenco is that they fail in High gear!!! My old man just bought a new owens that's spragless so he's getting excited. Should be here next week!!!!
    Hey vince driving with a tranny is a whole new game they take time getting use too. as far as shift points go so be patient.I have 2 races with one and about 10 passes i am now gettin it to my head where to shift still improving too but many short shifts and a couple late shifts have gone from 4.8 1/8th mile runs to 4.43 and still room to improve.as boat is capable of at least 2 more tenths IMO.
    A whole new respect for the guys who drive a flat with a 2 speed cause at first it aint easy and the launch leavin on short gears HANG ON FOR LIFE.But the feeling when it shifts
    :crossx:
    Justin i have a owens flywheel bellhousing and a lenco(LOL) But as of now i am happy with the lenco

SUI-CY-COLE
    oops

Ya Robert I'm getting excited!!! Sending parts out Monday to get balance and ready to start assembling here real soon. She was a rocket to the 1/8 already and I can't imagine what she'll do now!!! You guys going to Texas??

77charger
    Ya Robert I'm getting excited!!! Sending parts out Monday to get balance and ready to start assembling here real soon. She was a rocket to the 1/8 already and I can't imagine what she'll do now!!! You guys going to Texas??
    Next race for me then san diego and phx maybe oct njba not sure yet.Lookin for that comp flat record.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast