Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The problem with Tunnels!

jackpunx
    PlayTime:
    Im wondering about the wind and the rollers. At 120 the wind if it hit him on the drivers side, wind has a funny way of pushing at the boat. Anybody think if he would have dropped the trim the boat could have been saved? I've never gone 120 in the boat but I do have own an SR24 and I know its got a very unique ride.
    Any of you long timers have any recomendations for keeping myself out of that kind of trouble?
    Info - Seen your posts - Any recommendations - Letting down on the trim, what you think?
    The boat looks rather small compared to the others out there that day. Was it really windy that day? INFO.. I have a stoker sst224... that will be going 105+.. We need your advise.. This may be the wrong thread.. But can you give us some of your experience?
    Thanks in advance..

HM
    RiverDave:
    HolyMoly:
    What player do I need to play that video?? It's playing fine on Windows Media player for me.
    RD I get the error: Class not registered

CEO
    WOW, that was awesome. Shit, it was scary with no sound, I can't imagine what it would be with sound.
    Holy Moly, open windows media player, and then go to "tools" and click "options", and then check mark, "connect to the internet" then click "apply" that should solve your problem
    CEO
    [ September 09, 2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: CEOinSoCal ]

Three Days Only
    CEOinSoCal:
    WOW, that was awesome. Shit, it was scary with no sound, I can't imagine what it would be with sound.
    Holy Moly, open windows media player, and then go to "tools" and click "options", and then check mark, "connect to the internet" then click "apply" that should solve your problem
    CEO CEO, It has sound. In fact the Callan Marine boat sounds sick!!!!!!!!! It gave me wood!!

PlayTime
    Not true Dave. We have these cool plastic things that play music. They are call 8-tracks.
    So what up now wink
    Thats some technology for you.

HM
    I had to download the latest version.....they had a special version for me V.909 wink

Infomaniac
    Guys We were running directly into 10 - 15 MPH sind that day.
    My eyewitnesses told me the HTM was aired out but looking at the tape it looks like he may not have been.
    Too fast for conditions is the culprit that I see.
    I know an HTM likes a lot of trim but looks like he was not standing it up.
    I had to run trimmed all the way down and it still would leave the water.
    I normally run a fast cruise and trim until it is throwing a 3 - 4' tail. Ease into the throttle to wide open and tap the trim up to a specified point on the trim gage. The specified point conservative (stays at the 3 - 4' tail) until a lot of seat time in the boat is done. After some seat time Increase the specified trim point gradually. RPM's should increase as well as speed. Quit trimming if the boat feels loose or RPM's are going up and speed is not. You will find the sweet spot this way eventually.
    [ September 09, 2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

HM
    It looks like both the Callen and HTM hit some rollers at a distance.
    The HTM gets out of shape, then settles down, then...bam! hits a roller and never recovers.

Jrocket
    I think backing off the throttle would of been his best chance.Less trim would of still let the back kick up on the last roller,just my thoughts though.Either way,the chine walk could of been toned down but the last roller where the transom kicked up had him licked.No getting out of that one going that fast.

jackpunx
    Infomaniac:
    Guys We were running directly into 10 - 15 MPH sind that day.
    My eyewitnesses told me the HTM was aired out but looking at the tape it looks like he may not have been.
    Too fast for conditions is the culprit that I see.
    I know an HTM likes a lot of trim but looks like he was not standing it up.
    I had to run trimmed all the way down and it still would leave the water.
    I normally run a fast cruise and trim until it is throwing a 3 - 4' tail. Ease into the throttle to wide open and tap the trim up to a specified point on the trim gage. The specified point conservative (stays at the 3 - 4' tail) until a lot of seat time in the boat is done. After some seat time Increase the specified trim point gradually. RPM's should increase as well as speed. Quit trimming if the boat feels loose or RPM's are going up and speed is not. You will find the sweet spot this way eventually. thanks for the tip's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast