Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Immortalized in the Daily News

RiverDave2
    I think they should have had a chase boat going at those speeds and wearing the proper gear.
    Great now ya got two boats hauling ass. What's the point of the second one to run the people over after they flew out of the first?
    I'm just kidding with ya BoatFloating, but for some reason that thought kept running through my head when I read that sentance.
    RD

RiverToysJas
    Well, I did get an e-mail from Mr. Thomas "Magnum" PI.
    I can confirm he's not Amy!
    I've said my peace, both here and via e-mail.
    RTJas http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

h2oedits
    Amy Raisin's inane bit of sensationalism was so out of line and unprofessional that when I saw the posting with her story, I halfheartedly hoped that it was some sort of misguided and inappropriate April Fool's joke. Clearly, it was of no real news value whatever, and was an example of why Amy Raisin will, if we are fortunate, be forever relegated to a minor league, piss-sheet rag like the LA Daily News. Not only was her junk-news story obviously insensitive to the families and friends of those involved, but it also points to the editorial priorities of a publication that chooses to publicize what should have been merely an unfortunate footnote to a very outdated piece of news.
    Big time shame and karma to whomever stirred this rancid pot to begin with -- unfortunately, he or she is among us on the boards -- for calling its attention to Ms. Raisin. Is it newsworthy that LifeLine Safety Jackets reports unprecedented sales of their Poker Run Jackets as a result of the accident, and the publicity that followed? Not when your standards and reporting practices have been honed and shaped on those practiced by the Globe and Enquirer.

spectra75
    Kevin, I'd like to thank you for your post and your opinion on this subject. I agree wholeheartedly. I'm concidered a "lurker" on these boards. I've gained much knowledge from these posts and have not really contributed. There is an incredible amount of talent and knowledge here with the common love of performance boating. A good, clean family sport. It's too bad that there are "dipsticks" like Ms. Raison who, because of her occupation, have a great deal of influence on how people perceive the sport we love and the men and families who unfortunately died doing what they love.
    Spectra75

superdave013
    Well, here is my take on it for what it's worth (and that's not much).
    Chuck aka Mr. Pumps said some things on the internet for the entire world to see. Amy found it (by tip or whatever) and quoted him.
    You better not post anything that might come back haunt you (or your fellow boater) later. I bet for every person that posts here there is 200 people lurking. Some are the police, news reporters and even the sierra club and green piece.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I have heard, by one of the other members, that there are ~7200 registered members on these boards, yet 90% of the posts are by only 100 people. So, that tells me two things, 1. SD is right, there are lot of lurkers on this board, and 2. Those of that post a lot have way too much time on our hands. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    HD the original
    Originally posted by superdave013:
    I bet for every person that posts here there is 200 people lurking. Some are the police, news reporters and even the sierra club and green piece.

superdave013
    Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin:
    I have heard, by one of the other members, that there are ~7200 registered members on these boards, yet 90% of the posts are by only 100 people. So, that tells me two things, 1. SD is right, there are lot of lurkers on this board, and 2. Those of that post a lot have way too much time on our hands. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    HD the original
    And I don't think you have to even be a member to read the posts. Other forums show how many people view the threads (I think that's pretty cool). I posted some pics of parts I made for a downhill mountain bike on a MTB related site. It got over 3,600 views the first day with only 15 replies!

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by ROZ:
    Hey BF and others interested, Check out ***boats hot spots. There Chet17 states exactly what happened.
    Thanks ROZ, I saw that after I went and posted this first. I guess my buddy saw the other 2 people in the water helping and thought they came from the boat. I'm glad everyone is ok.
    BF.....

ROZ
    Originally posted by superdave013:
    You better not post anything that might come back haunt you (or your fellow boater) later. I bet for every person that posts here there is 200 people lurking. Some are the police, news reporters and even the sierra club and green piece.
    Or your wifes or/and girlfriends.....So REALLY watch out. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif

ratso
    I Always Feel Like Somebodys Watching Me...
    And I Get No Privacy...
    (Who sang that song?)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast