Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Ford vers Chevy

SUI-CY-COLE
    Ya think? Its been fun but maybe time to put it to rest. :sleeping:
    aslong as it gets 4 pages like the msd mount!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmontzsta
    I heard the Ford side is ready for the face off, what about the chevy and mopar side? who is going to step it up!?

Brian
    blah blah blah blah blah Ford blah blah blah blah blah Chevy blah blah blah blah blah Mopar blah blah blah blah blah...
    Spend money. Go fast. There, it's simple isn't it!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that a decent F1 motor makes over 300 hp/liter on gas naturally aspirated... Of course 19000 rpm doesn't hurt! :2purples:

wsuwrhr
    Meat and potatoes??....more like Kibbles n' Bits....so It made 684 HP and 582 lb/tq....BFD! In my book that comes up alot short of the Ford at 813 HP @ 6800 rpm and 682 ft/lbs @ 4900 rpms. If you've never seen a Mopar make that then I'd guess you would be impressed.
    0 Fifty Eight....
    I see 618HP, I don't know where you are getting your 813HP figure from.
    You don't have dyslexia do you?
    Carry on bickering with the other first losers.
    :220v: :220v: :220v:
    Mopar rules
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    blah blah blah blah blah Ford blah blah blah blah blah Chevy blah blah blah blah blah Mopar blah blah blah blah blah...
    Spend money. Go fast. There, it's simple isn't it!

My point exactly
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    I heard the Ford side is ready for the face off, what about the chevy and mopar side? who is going to step it up!?
    I would join, but my alloy Mope is 4.5 x 4.3.
    No stock stroke or bore for the Hondo Sprint.
    My jet 440 made about 500HP with 9:1 compression. Hyd cam, Sb Products bowl ported factory iron heads, stock bore/stroke.
    Won't set the world on fire, but it runs good for what it is.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    You first losers aren't going to take it laying down are you?
    Brian

LakesOnly
    You first losers aren't going to take it laying down are you?
    BrianThe BS talking has subsided by most for the time being, Brian, and the competition rules have been started but are still being written. (Trying to cover all bases before posting them.) It's tailored off Engine Masters rules but more restrictive, if you will. Don't worry, you're invited.
    Please stand by,
    LO

spectras only
    Anybody remembers this shoot out between John Colletti and Jon Moss ?
    http://www.gregbloor.com/Duke_Out.html

wsuwrhr
    The BS talking has subsided by most for the time being, Brian, and the competition rules have been started but are still being written. (Trying to cover all bases before posting them.) It's tailored off Engine Masters rules but more restrictive, if you will. Don't worry, you're invited.
    Please stand by,
    LO
    I was, and always am, just messing around on the big three deal, they all make power, and they all have their problems.
    Unfortunately, I am not in the business to recoup resources from building a specific test mule. However, if the rules accomodate my iron 440 I am currently freshening up for my jetboat, I would be up to making small changes and most certainly would bring it on down to Westech.
    My input on the test....
    .030 max overbore, stock stroke for engine configuration, ie, no goofy strokes.
    Other than the pistons, no alloy long block components. Iron block and heads ONLY. Anything goes on work done to the factory head castings. Steel rods, factory or aftermarket, no aluminum rods whatsoever.
    Stock firing order for factory engine configuration.
    No 180 degree headers allowed.
    Stainless or steel valves only, no titanium valves.
    I think there should be a set limit on compression, and limit the fuel, everyone uses the same gas, from the same can, the day of the test. No alcohol, nitro, nitrous, additives or oxys. Motor to motor.
    Single, dual or multi-carburated, naturally aspirated only. No EFI, or mechanical injection of any kind. No blowers, turbos, or any other associated power adders allowed.
    No exotic, unobtainium parts, no belt drives, no 8 coil setups, no roller cams, no vacuum pumps.
    If you can meet at least these rules, the engine I currently have ready can be configured.
    Further,
    Any entry makes a gentlemen's agreement, if they are requested to do so by another entry, they are willing to tear the motor down to the shortblock, on the spot. Allowing anyone with an entry to verify bore and stroke. Oil pan comes off to verify internal components, no exceptions.
    Shoot me a call anytime if you want to chat,
    Brian
    909-883-3739
    909-238-3134

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910