Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford vers Chevy

GofastRacer
    This is too funny, same old war going on for decades!.. LMAO!...

fc-pilot
    This is too funny, same old war going on for decades!.. LMAO!...
    The great thing is that this war makes the manufacturers work harder, and makes the aftermarket put out more parts to keep the war going. Either way, we all win.
    Paul

spectras only
    Del 51 , you can't call the 572 a stock block ! Like you can't call the 514 SVO a stock block either. Costwise the 514 SVO is cheaper than the 572 for equal HP [ 620 that is] .
    I'm not a devoted Ford guy only
    Have this baby in this boat >
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/craig's%20interior%201
    This LS-6 cost us about the same to rebuild as a 460 Ford .
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/LS-6%201

LakesOnly
    Del 51 , you can't call the 572 a stock block ! Like you can't call the 514 SVO a stock block either. Costwise the 514 SVO is cheaper than the 572 for equal HP [ 620HP, that is].Actually, the Ford Racing 514 crate motor indeed uses a dime-a-dozen stock block that is no different than a block that was factory installed into, say, a 1979 F250 pickup, for example.
    LO

QuickJet
    "jet boats dominate V-Drives.
    Believe me..........no one says that.

INDY 1
    That is what i was looking for.

jkh04200
    One time at BAND CAMP I wanted someone to stick something besides a flute up my p@#$y. But all they wanted to do was talk about ford vs. chevy :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
    All any engine build and dyno run comparison really does anyhow is to compare a particular set of build-ups. I suppose the only REAL way to "settle" this would be to have engines built from each maker out of every posssible combination of factory and aftermarket parts. Then, the top dog really IS the top dog. Nobody claims "this part wasn't used, that wasn't used, that wasn't fair, etc". Of course, that would be about 15,000 Chevy engines, 12,000 Ford engines, and what, about 100 Mopars? 150 if if ya include 426 hemis with the 440 Wedges
    Since that'll never happen, let the war continue! :argue:

I'm sure we can all find a dyno test that'll favor your engine of choice. Since that is all we have at this point thats all we have to go on. Enginemasters might be a close comparison but keep in mind all these engines were built for that specific purpose and little else. All these engines ran on the ragged edge of detonation and were set up for dyno use only. So do we compare based on Enginemasters, PHR, HRM or BMFD? Who knows. This pissing contest will go on until the end of time. Personally I'd like to see a 3 way build using iron passenger car heads, 1 x 4 BBL, .030" max. overbore for cleanup only, stock stroke and a flat tappet cam, all run on pump gas out of the same drum. Use a Enginemasters format from 3000 rpm to 6500 or 7000 rpm. HP and torque both count equally for scoring. By using iron pass. heads and a basiclly a stock short block that would be the best represenative of a true Chevy, Ford and Mopar.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I agree 058. Stock blocks and heads, allow ported heads, flat tappet only cams (custom grinds I think allowed tho, if the engine needs more than the style allows, tough. If there is just nothing more available off the shelf but can be custom ground, no penalty), head porting permitted but no aftermarket heads. I would personally limit to factory rods (find and use the best ones). If there is a weakness there, that's a problem the motor lives (or dies) with. Use all the aftermarket super-bolts you want to hold it all together with.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast