Thread: Tpi ??

i recently bought a "complete" TPI system off of a running '85 z-28 350 SBC...my ? is...i want to run this system on my 350 in my '79 chevy p/u without all the computer chit...my p/u didnt come with any computer controlled stuff...it is na with a carb & headers...i know this can be done, but not quite sure how to do it...all help appreciated...TIA
    fastrat

djunkie
    A TPI fuel injection will not work without all that computer chit.

mach1alaska
    You do need a computer for any efi setup painless wiring makes a harness that makes it realy simple to install

djunkie
    i recently bought a "complete" TPI system off of a running '85 z-28 350 SBC...my ? is...i want to run this system on my 350 in my '79 chevy p/u without all the computer chit...my p/u didnt come with any computer controlled stuff...it is na with a carb & headers...i know this can be done, but not quite sure how to do it...all help appreciated...TIA
    fastrat
    Well I reread your post a couple times and I think I finally figured out what your trying to ask. Yes you can install an EFI engine in an older vehicle. You will need to wire in the ECM for it. Its not that big of deal if you know a little about them. hey are pretty self contained just add power and grounds. Well its a little more invovled than that but it is possible. :rollside: :rollside:

djunkie
    You do need a computer for any efi setup painless wiring makes a harness that makes it realy simple to install
    Thats a good idea too. Makes it a lot easier with their kits.

Moneypitt
    Well, I've been there and done that. 87 Formula 350 TPI into a 75 1/2 ton chevy, along with the 700R4, and ALL the sirens and bells that went with it, all the way to the stock a/filter assembly.(I even had stickers made that said Formuluck 350) You gots to have the BRAIN, everything, and I mean everything associated with that injection needs constant guidance............I have some fairly good books concerning the TPI system, along with SOME wiring diagrams and fault codes. You will also need the fuel pump to supply the TPI, along with the return line. I can tell you it was a MFer, but quite rewarding in the end. PM me an address and I'll send you the books, kinda on a loan.......I no longer have that truck, but may some day do it again...........Ray