Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre 32 vs. DCB 32

Jrocket
    Looks like the Spectre runs good.Wonder why more people dont have them? Hows the sale coming along for Andy,Jeff and the other Spectre owners?Jordy got his for dirt cheap,must have just been a good deal that day.

skater40
    [QUOTE=Tom Slick]Well guys, the test is in from the latest Powerboat magazine and unfortunately for you Koolaid drinking DCB lovers out there I've got some bad news.......
    Looks like someone wants Spectre to advertise more in their Mag.
    Powerboat tested the same Spectre for their March issue. Exact same set up but propped for top end and hit a top speed of 120.8 mph with ideal conditions. I gotta call B.S. on the 130 mark. Not to mention my F32 runs faster than their posted speed and has a usable bow and poker run cockpit.
    I have seen 132mph on that boats gps and it was on the rev limiter.Scott says it will run 136-138 with the new herrings he has on order.The boat is amazing.

XtrmWakeborder
    I have seen 132mph on that boats gps and it was on the rev limiter.Scott says it will run 136-138 with the new herrings he has on order.The boat is amazing.
    You racing tomorrow?

Jordy
    Looks like the Spectre runs good.Wonder why more people dont have them?
    Hey J-bone, when was the last time your 26' made the clean water "DIRTY???"
    p.s. Was Klinton still in office????

Havasu Cig
    If I was looking for an I/O cat the 32 Spectre would be up there at the top of the list of boats I would be looking at. Congrats to Scot on the good numbers. Very nice boat, and you won't find a nicer guy to deal with than Scot.

Jrocket
    Hey J-bone, when was the last time your 26' made the clean water "DIRTY???"
    3 weeks ago.
    These 32 Spectres should start popping up all over the place now with results like that.Maybe the current Spectre owners can step up to a 32 once they sell their smaller Spectres?

Tom Slick
    [QUOTE=Tom Slick]Well guys, the test is in from the latest Powerboat magazine and unfortunately for you Koolaid drinking DCB lovers out there I've got some bad news.......
    Looks like someone wants Spectre to advertise more in their Mag.
    Powerboat tested the same Spectre for their March issue. Exact same set up but propped for top end and hit a top speed of 120.8 mph with ideal conditions. I gotta call B.S. on the 130 mark. Not to mention my F32 runs faster than their posted speed and has a usable bow and poker run cockpit.
    Typical response from a Koolaid crew member. You guys need to seriously get over your denial and except the fact that there are other boats in this world that perform just as well and sometimes better then your precious DCB's.
    You are correct, the original Spectre 32 that Powerboat tested did run 120, however that was with a boat that hadn't been completely dialed in yet. The latest Powerboat article states that new Spectre Powerboats owner Scott Conrad has made a few setup changes like adding stand off boxes, thus increasing the boats performance.
    Anyway you look at it, they are both great boats and great companies. It all comes down to personal preference.

Dusty Times
    I was looking at the DCB in April and because of lack of time and problems that plagued the illmors I did not get a chance to ride in it.
    I did get a chance to drive the Spectre thanks to Scott Conrad and Gary Smith. I had a seat in a 36' Spectre in a few runs and was always inpressed with this boat. The 32' is a brand new completly different animal. No porpous (with no center pod), fast (130's did exist and was easy to reach-hot Havasu temps-rough Havasu chop to the springs), stable and handled like no other. Once these boats are out awhile you will see many more. And Scott couldn't be a better guy to buy on from.
    Somebody by my 38' Donzi so I can pick up my Spectre!

Charley
    I agree slicker.... those are great numbers and I am truly impressed... no denial of the numbers here...what's more impressive is the fact that the boat doesn't porpoise..Spectre has a very nice boat, and they should sell a bunch. I personally still like the looks of the F series more and the cabin is a plus for my family and our boating needs, but Spectre and Conrad have alot to be proud of with this package!

Tom Slick
    I agree slicker.... those are great numbers and I am truly impressed... no denial of the numbers here...what's more impressive is the fact that the boat doesn't porpoise..Spectre has a very nice boat, and they should sell a bunch. I personally still like the looks of the F series more and the cabin is a plus for my family and our boating needs, but Spectre and Conrad have alot to be proud of with this package!
    You just made me shed a tear. :cry:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast