Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator Daytona(PLEASE READ)

BIGGER=FASTER
    ok I've decided the design I want to go with is the eliminator daytona 21. If anyone knows of a similar 22 foot hull THAT COMES IN A JET please tell me. but anyway it looks like I'm going with the daytona and I would like to know if that hull would sit low in the water and if anyone has seen a good 4 person seating arrangement. if you could post pics I'd really apreciate it. Also since I'm looking for a good hull I was wondering what the going price would be on such a boat(80's to early 90's model) of the eliminator with a blown, seized, fried, or no motor at all. There aren't any now but you and I both know that there's plenty of morons that will trash their boats over the summer, give up, and sell it for next to nothing. please give me a hand here,
    thanks

572Daytona
    The Daytona is a good choice for a jet, mine seats 4 easy and possibly a 5th in the middle seat in the front (if it is a kid or someone with small hips
    I've seen a couple of tunnel jets that claimed to be 22', i.e. Placecraft, Rapidcraft Twister but to me they didn't appear to have anymore freeboard or substantially bigger then the 21' Daytona. I would love to see someone build a bigger jet with a decent motor to see how it performs, there is some experimentation going on with dual jet drives in lager boats, so who know.
    Here are a couple of pics of my interior

BIGGER=FASTER
    hey man thanks a lot, I just don't like the embarrasment of having the most beautiful boat on the water and when taking people for a ride hearing them say how cramped they are. if you could maybe(and excuse the inconvenience)squeez a side view of the rear seats and maybe one like the side angle you gave me but coming from the front. I gotta be honest I'm probably gonna make the interior of my 21 like a car cause I want to be comfortable when I'm smoking those little guys they call sherrifs wink . (just kidding )

737jetmech
    Liberator builds a 21 modified tunnel that is a splash of the eliminator daytona.They build about 4" more freeboard in the boat when compaired to the eliminator.

572Daytona
    BF...I don't have any better pics of the interior right now. When I get a chance I will try to take some new pictures.

HammerDown
    737jetmech:
    Liberator builds a 21 modified tunnel that is a splash of the eliminator daytona.They build about 4" more freeboard in the boat when compaired to the eliminator. Thats true...and that means alot when your cutting through the extra rough stuff. The 21Liberator looks just like the 21Daytona. Just more desired freeboard.

BIGGER=FASTER
    Hey guys thanks a ton, I'll be sure to post progress pics of this project and credit each of you. If you guys could give a link to the liberator site cause I have to be honest. I've heard the name, but don't know anything about them. Also thanks for mentioning the freeboard. I like a nice high boat. And on the pic note don't worry about it too much I'm not starting till after summer when there's a bunch of blown up ones. Anyway how much would a hull or one with a blown up motor cost. Liberator or Daytona?????
    [ March 14, 2003, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: BIGGER=FASTER ]

572Daytona
    Here is a daytona for sale w/o a motor:
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/2/43373182.htm
    I think HavasuBarney can help you out with Liberators:
    http://www.havasubarney.com/boat_model.asp?MID=3

BIGGER=FASTER
    hey thanks for the link man but..... ARE THESE THINGS REALLY WORTH 15K BARE??? WILL THE PRICE GO DOWN COME FALL OR WINTER WHEN THESE RICH GUYS DECIDE TO THE THINGS AT THE END OF THE SEASON????

BIGGER=FASTER
    THAT'S A 1980 FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T CLICK THE LINK. BUT I'M SURE THAT'S CLOSE TO WHAT THE WHOLE DAMN BOAT COST WHEN IT WAS NEW. COME ON NO WAY A 1980 IS 15K BARE HULL, MY DAD BOUGHT HIS SLEEKCRAFT SST IN 1980 FOR 7.5K. ARE THESE OLDIES THAT MUCH OR IS THAT GUY JUST ASKING A TAD MUCH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast