Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: TRUCk, needs frontend alignment in HAVASU

djunkie
    I drive ALOT of highway miles and run 35" BFG A/t .. I swear I got almost 75k miles out of my last set and they still had some tread left on them. I just bought another set for my other truck also..
    The last three sets of BFG muds I had on my truck I got damn near 100K, and they are still good enough to use as spares.
    No offense guys but I find this a little hard to believe. I have gone thru 3 set of BFG tires. 2 sets of mud terrains and 1 set of all terrains. To me they were ok tires or else I wouldn't have kept buying them. But, like I said after they got around 20k miles on them I started to get a lot of road noise out of them. I did rotate them every other oil change which is about 5k miles for me. Every 10k miles I had to have them rebalanced cause they would cause my front end to shake. And I was even having the alignment checked and it was never out of adjustment until I bought new ones. So I was just saying that he could have a problem with his tires cause I have with the same ones. It is possible.

Beer-30
    No offense guys but I find this a little hard to believe. I have gone thru 3 set of BFG tires. 2 sets of mud terrains and 1 set of all terrains. To me they were ok tires or else I wouldn't have kept buying them. But, like I said after they got around 20k miles on them I started to get a lot of road noise out of them. I did rotate them every other oil change which is about 5k miles for me. Every 10k miles I had to have them rebalanced cause they would cause my front end to shake. And I was even having the alignment checked and it was never out of adjustment until I bought new ones. So I was just saying that he could have a problem with his tires cause I have with the same ones. It is possible.
    Which terrains? Mud?

Squirtin Thunder
    Air presure and proper alignment and constant rotation.

Kilrtoy
    I have
    BFG all terran
    285-65-18
    load D

Squirtin Thunder
    2005 duramax 4X4 diesel
    Where should I get one at...I have
    BFG all terran
    285-65-18
    load D
    I personally don't like the All Terain tires. I know that it can't hurt to have it checked.
    Again I like to set toe in at 2/32nds, it seems that the desimal convertion looses something in the translation. There is a guy in Oaklahoma that does excelant alignment work. I used to plan my trips west around his schedule. Believe it or not his alignments were good for an extra 1-2mpg.

djunkie
    Which terrains? Mud?
    They all wore funny to me. I just accepted it cause they were an offroad tire and I thought that was just how they were. All I'm trying to say in this thread is that Kilr has the All Terrains and their may be a chance that those tires may be causing his problems. I had problems with the shaking and loud road noise with mine so he might be also.

djunkie
    I personally don't like the All Terain tires. I know that it can't hurt to have it checked.
    Again I like to set toe in at 2/32nds, it seems that the desimal convertion looses something in the translation. There is a guy in Oaklahoma that does excelant alignment work. I used to plan my trips west around his schedule. Believe it or not his alignments were good for an extra 1-2mpg.
    Their you go Kilr. Drive to Oklahoma and get the alignment done there..... LOL!!!! J/K ST. :rollside: :rollside:

Squirtin Thunder
    They all wore funny to me. I just accepted it cause they were an offroad tire and I thought that was just how they were. All I'm trying to say in this thread is that Kilr has the All Terrains and their may be a chance that those tires may be causing his problems. I had problems with the shaking and loud road noise with mine so he might be also.
    I am sorry, I thaught you were saying that the BFG tires gave you problems. j/k :argue:
    If this is the case I would call your local rep and explain that there is a possible problem with the tire and you would like some new ones. Believe me on this BFG stands 110% behind there product and will take care of you.

Squirtin Thunder
    Their you go Kilr. Drive to Oklahoma and get the alignment done there..... LOL!!!! J/K ST. :rollside: :rollside:
    You have to remember that I was in NC and coming out here once a month racing off-road.

djunkie
    I am sorry, I thaught you were saying that the BFG tires gave you problems. j/k :argue:
    If this is the case I would call your local rep and explain that there is a possible problem with the tire and you would like some new ones. Believe me on this BFG stands 110% behind there product and will take care of you.
    They did replace the one the defective one that blew out with only 600 miles on it. I don't dislike all their tires. I just think that kilr should also have them checked out along with the alignment.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast