Thread: help on prop size

245 LIMITED
    ok i been working like hell to get my boat to run proper since i bought it. it has a new 7.4 with turbo pistons in it and a older gale banks twin turbo setup on it. i been getting alot of help as to motor but i think i have narrowed it down to the prop. its a chris craft 245 limited and has a wet weight of 5400lbs less my fat ass. on the rear is a bravo 1 and i have a 13 3/4 x 24 thats been repiched to a 13 3/4 x 22. its a powertech 4 blade stainless thats been cupped at ends. not real shure of true hp but its .30 over bbc with only 4 lb of boost can anyone give me any ideas. ....... :cry:

OldYeller
    seems to me that you need more pitch with a turbo charged big block. Would be better if we knew the approximate horsepower of the engine. what is it doing or not doing that you dont like?

245 LIMITED
    ok i think i found problem... i met with some awsome guys at precision craft marine in fairfield. joe and the gang seem to think its lack of fuel. seems may be a fuel line problem fron tank to pump. im taking boat to them to fix. they seem to know the turbo set up i have and will make sure all is well. they spoke with me on their time and didnt rush me letting me tell them problem with boat. they also have a hot boats and drag boats inside. hey good guys go see them . ill let you know results