Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about moving to Phoenix

throttlejunkie
    Got a great job offer to move from Cali. to Phoenix working in the construction industry. New tract homes to be exact. Anybody else here on the boards make this move? If so, how have things turned out? Is construction still booming there? Any advice on a nice area to live? What is the best lake in the area to hit? How is the cost of living compared to So Cal? Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Jordy
    Phoenix sucks. It's too hot and there is nothing to do. You won't like it here.
    Which homebuilder??? I'd bet they use generators and you should take the job and then call me for all your temp power needs. Disregard my previous comment. :idea:
    Seriously, I love it here. The real estate market seems to have slowed down a bit, lots more for sale signs out for longer than 6 months to a year ago, but I really can't think of any place else I'd rather live. They're building all over the place, as far out as you care to live. Somewhat depressing to see that places that we used to go shooting out in the middle of the desert are now in the middle of town.

callbob4homes
    and when you get ready to pull the trigger.................you can go on my website and search the MLS or call me with your wants and needs and I can hook a brutha up.

Devil's Advocate
    If you're ok with living on the surface of the sun for about 4 months out of the year, then I'd say it's ok. :220v: I moved here from upstate NY 7 years ago. The job market at the time was booming and was one reason why I came here. I don't know as far as construction I just know there's a lot of it out here and this place is expanding (good and bad in that) rapidly. There's a lot of nice areas to live around here. I would personally try areas that are more outside of Phoenix directly to avoid some of the city feel. There's some nice lakes too, Lake Pleasant, Barlett, and Saguaro. Do some research and hook up with someone in real estate out here that can give you more info. I'm sure it's cheaper as far as California, but even that has changed since I moved here too. Uh gas price, still suck here!

RitcheyRch
    I'm hoping to move to Surprise in 2 years once my daughter turns 18 and the courts allow me to move. I already have a job waiting for me with Honeywell.

Hotcobra270
    Got a great job offer to move from Cali. to Phoenix working in the construction industry. New tract homes to be exact. Anybody else here on the boards make this move? If so, how have things turned out? Is construction still booming there? Any advice on a nice area to live? What is the best lake in the area to hit? How is the cost of living compared to So Cal? Any info would be greatly appreciated..
    My fiancee and I are flying into Phoenix this friday to go look for at some new track homes by peoria/glendale..
    Can anyone tell me about this part of town? How about any big differences between laws in CA versus AZ?

Outnumbered
    My fiancee and I are flying into Phoenix this friday to go look for at some new track homes by peoria/glendale..
    Can anyone tell me about this part of town? How about any big differences between laws in CA versus AZ?
    How much do you want to spend?

Outnumbered
    Cost of living is pretty similar now depending on what part of Cali you are comparing it too. What part of the valley are you going to be working in?

Devil's Advocate
    Parts of Glendale and Peoria are nice, just would rather be out futher West or North or any of the outlying areas instead.
    How about any big differences between laws in CA versus AZ?
    It's the wild, wild west baby....hold onto your hats :rollside:

77charger
    My wife wants to make a move there too i aint ready yet.Would have done it a few years ago but she didnt want to.Mainly wants a bigger house for kids and around here way out of price range.We could sell here and pretty much pay for a house in full there but still have other misc payments now and we know jobs pay less there.I am in construction too but i aint hot mopping in 120 plus degree heat.At least one of us will have to have a good paying job she can probably transfer though but i aint daddy day care either.She has done all the research says there are lakes close by,can buy a machine gun,and that jordy guy lives nearby.LOL etc
    Only time will tell.Plus i would be able to always get that machine gun i have always wanted.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast