Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wire Transfer on Sunday

Cole Sanger
    So a guy just called me. He wants to buy my Suburban from me tomorrow. At first he was going to get money out on Monday and come pay for it. Then I told him we both have the same bank and there are no branches in Phoenix. He called me right back and asked if he could come out tomorrow and wire transfer the money from his bank to mine.
    Is there a safe way for me to make sure the transfer goes through? I told him already that I can't give him the title until Monday. I just don't want to have him drive away with it and then cancel the wire transfer. Would pay-pal be a better route? Can he cancel a pay-pal wire?

JetBoatRich
    CASH is always good, but sounds like a problem for you. Tell him to wait until MOnday for a deal

YeLLowBoaT
    Only thing I would take is cash. To do a wire transfer you would have to give out your account info. Which you should never do.

CASH
    Has to wait for Mon anyway for the title.

seanv
    in god i trust....all others it's cash!!! i got burned on a cashiers check last summer so do it in cash , cash or both of you go to the bank and do the transfer with both of you present. dont let yourself get burned!

ThongMagnet
    Its just crap that you can't trust a person anymore. Get cash. I've heard of cashiers checks for banks bouncing.

rmarion
    if you have the same bank, wire transfer is the best, but do it on Monday when the bank is open.
    I wouldn't trust anyone anymore...............

kanedog
    If he can wire transfer, then he sure can do cash. If he has a problem with the cash thing, you are better off waiting for another buyer.
    How much is suburban? If its like over 10k then thatd be different.
    Oh yeah, cash means dollar bills,100 ,50 whatever. Some retards think that cash means cheque or cashiers cheque. Make sure to specify this or he will show up with a cheque and some kind of story. No retard, a stack of cash is what I want.

Cole Sanger
    He was going to do cash on Monday, but sounds really hot to get it. I told him $9000 firm because that is what the dealer will give me as a trade in value. I know cash is king, but we both have Navy Federal Credit Union, so I know he was/is in the military. He is coming from Yuma, so I don't want to have him make the trip twice. I think it is possible for him to wire transfer it from his bank account to mine, just don't want him to get home and cancel the request with my Suburban in his garage. No matter what I am keeping the title. I can't get it notorized tomorrow anyway and he was fine with that so long as I mail it to him Monday. I was planning on keeping a copy of his drivers license and if he will let me a copy of his military ID. Just wanted to know if this is enough security on my part, other than the Suburban being insured with full coverage.
    I would hate to see the guy leave. I have had a couple of nuts come to my house, make a deal to come back, and never hear from them. One guy said he wanted it, but wanted me to get it smog checked and then he would be back on the next day. Never saw him again either and he called me 9 times in one day.

On the subject of "cashiers checks" they're not that hard to forge with todays computer technology. We got burned a couple times. I wouldn't take one for any large amount unless I knew the person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast