Thread: HOW DO YOU GET SOOT OF THE BACK OF YOUR BOAT

dallas
    I RUN A 26 DAYTONA MY BACK PAD HAS SOOT ABOUT 5 INCHES UP AND ALL THE WAY ACROSS IT. HOW DO I CLEAN IT UP. SOAP AND WATER DOESNT EVEN TOUCH IT. I DONT WANT TO HURT MY INTERIOR WHAT DO YOU USE ?

24RODjr
    I use WD-40 to get that stuff off. Just use it sparingly. If all else fails...NEW PAINTJOB!!!! ;-)

FASTERDAMITT
    Sounds like you need to send your carb in to The Carb Shop in Ontario Ca. for some performance work. Mine used to get the back of the boat black no matter what I did to the carb. After the drilled and tuned it the problem is gone and boat runs more responsive.
    [ July 23, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: FASTERDAMITT ]

Whipple Charged
    dallas,
    Now I wouldn't know, since I do most of the EFI tuning over here, lord knows I would never let one go rich But seriously, I use Castrol Super Clean. I spray it on the dry boat transom, scrub it with a sponge and a bit of water, then hose off and repeat. This seems to work pretty good. Simple green works pretty good as well, but all these strong products need to be hosed off a few times and then cleaned otherwise they leave a ugly film on the boat.
    If all else fails, you can put one of our blowers on there, it will be cleaner than it is now.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

catnaround
    Dallas,
    Try Starbrite black streak remover. We have a problem with exhaust soot getting trapped under the swim deck on the current boat and another boat we had. That stuff will take it right off. Just spray on and wipe off.
    Just curious, where did you get your daytona from.

Mn Howard Cat
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by catnaround:
    [QB]Dallas,
    Have I got the sh$%t for you it is unreal my blower motor gets the back of my boat just black I use ZERO it's a all purpose cleaner you spray it on and wipe it off and it's grate for vinel, carpet, you name it. My buddy dose Auto detailing turnd me on to it. It's about $50 per gallon but you diluted it like 6 or 7 to 1 so it will last a long time check it out it is good.
    www.zzzeroproducts.com
    or 1-800-296-9376
    P.S If you were in Minnesota i would give you some to try. I'm glad I don't have to scub any more wink wink