Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carb spacers?

75MillerJet
    Never used a carb spacer/throttle body spacer before and I've always heard nothing but good things about them but I don't think i've seen anyone on here use one. Why is that? Am I just not noticing? .02 from anyone?

73WriedtCustom
    Are carb spacer's used on tunnel ram setups? Or has the top-end increased enough with the ram?

75MillerJet
    Are carb spacer's used on tunnel ram setups? Or has the top-end increased enough with the ram?
    Enough = when there is no more to increase
    ...so i guess what i'm asking is do they help along with the tunnel? i have performer intake, edel 750, tunnel ram

73WriedtCustom
    Would someone with a cylinder head flow bench test setup be able to determine?

FuelInMyVeins82
    There are definetly guys out there running them on jet boats and there are some added benefits. Theres a good article in Drag Racing Magazine that covers the spacers in prety good depth. From my understanding diferent types, materials, thicknesses and patterns will give you diferent results. Heres the link the magazines website if your interested. Youll have to go buy the magazine but you can atleast see what the cover looks like. There should also be some pictures of them in the photo gallery as well.
    http://www.dragracingaction.com/

Aluminum Squirt
    I run a SBC and a book I have says a 1" spacer is optimum. Not sure if that is too specific for you or if the book is BS, but I run one and like it. Of course I haven't done any scientific coparisons but it seems to work pretty well. One benefeit is that if you use a plastic one, it is supposed to lower your fuel temps but this is probably a little more for under the hood of a car than a boat (maybe with an enclosed motor it's applicable). There are many varieties and they probably do many things differently but generally, higher carb ='s higher fuel/air velocity which fills the cylinders better and makes more torque down low. That is a huge generalization though. They're not expensive, go buy or borrow a couple and give them a try. Let us know what you find out-Aluminum Squirt

1968Droptop
    Never used a carb spacer/throttle body spacer before and I've always heard nothing but good things about them but I don't think i've seen anyone on here use one. Why is that? Am I just not noticing? .02 from anyone?
    I use one. Don't know if it helps or not, but it's on there. I think you don't see many of them because everyone here but me has a dual quad tunnel ram.

Duane HTP
    I've had real good luck with the Super Sucker spacers. Of all of the motors we've run on the dyno with them, 19 hp gain was the least gained. Some gained as much as 22 hp. The really straighten up the air/fuel ratios on a Demon carburetor at part throttle. Good Piece!

Hey Droppy, you've not alone, remember? I'm running a spacer on my single 4bbl and am thinking about stacking 8 2" spacers. Figured it'd make it look like I have a tunnel ram from about 1000 feet which is about where my boat looks good anyhow.

IMPATIENT 1
    from about 1000 feet which is about where my boat looks good anyhow.[/QUOTE]
    i know that feelin too, but at least we're not settin in sand like the losers on shore,lol :crossx:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast