I had to take my 99 Tahoe into a mechanic today to have the cv boot changed out on the passenger side. So not to long after my wife drops it off I get a call telling me that the antifreeze needs to be changed out, it is not any good anymore. Now why they are looking at my antifreeze I have no idea. So anyhow I tell him to go ahead and do the flush with there special chemical and new antifreeze. He tells me that he wont be using dexcool either since it gums up the cooling system. So come 4PM I get a call from him telling me that there is another problem now. The intake manifold is leaking coolant in 2 places and needs to come off and new gaskets be installed. So he doesnt want to do the flush till he takes care of this problem. So I call Bullshit on the whole damn thing and tell him to button the thing up and make sure that the cv boot is fixed by the time I get there. So my question is, Is there a problem with GM 350's leaking coolant at the intake manifold or is this guy full of shit. He tells me that it must be going down into the valley. Well heres the thing. I do the oil changes and I have never seen any water or antifreeze in the oil. So what gives? What do you guys think is going on???