Thread: Aftermarket headers for 496 mag

Antisocial
    I was wondering if anybody has put on the eddy marine or the emi thunder on one of there boats? The one company claims a 60 hp gain? Im looking for REAL horsepower gains & speed increases & any changes in midrange. Im trying to justify spending $7600.00 & see if its worth while. The boat is a 05 28 daytona with twin mags.. Thanks

Beer-30
    Just do a search on the subject.
    Here is one of the lastest threads on this:
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...ght=lightnings

amw
    My friend put them on he had to change and redo so much then thewy did something to the computer boat shut down he had to take them off in havasu and put all his stock stuff on to hit waternow he has the cmi's and it runs great he picked up 4mph and that is with a prop change from a l24 to a labbed 26 i will try to get him to post

Beer-30
    My friend put them on he had to change and redo so much then thewy did something to the computer boat shut down he had to take them off in havasu and put all his stock stuff on to hit waternow he has the cmi's and it runs great he picked up 4mph and that is with a prop change from a l24 to a labbed 26 i will try to get him to post
    Your friend obviously just purchased regular BBC headers, not 496 ones. They have to have a place for the exh water temp sensors. W/O a reading from the sensors, the ECM will go into Guardian mode to save the motor.
    Plenty of 496 headers out there.

Pro Max
    Im the one he is talking about, And yes after the EMI install nothing but problems. They threw alarms like crazy because the pipes ran toooo hot. I took it to Absolute and they tested it and confirmed. I went home and installed CMI's with no other changes ans Walla no alarms. Also the install was way better. Especially the ECU relocation. On the EMI kit the wires were at there limit BUT the CMI's ECU relocation worked perfect. It may be the 06 HO has different paramiters in the computer I dont know . EMI claimes they have never had this problem before but they did not install them on an 06 motor. That is my story take it for what it is worth. :mix:

ToMorrow44
    The best headers you can get would be the sport tubes from CMI. They're the ones who actually get an extra 60hp. Kit is about $3800 plus labor and possibly custom tails. Most boats gain 4-6mph and I know of one gaining 9. Your boat would be a good candidate because it has twins so it'll pick up a lot of speed. Just my $.02
    -Tom