Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pressure

Diablo54
    Was out at the lake today and while out in the lake the boat died. I looked back at the fuel pressure meeter and it said zero. I chilled for a while thinking how the hell I was going to get back to my truck and then tried to start it and the pressure was up again for a short time then died. It did this off and on the whole way back to my truck. Does anyone know what the hell is going on. Do I need a new fuel pump????

Havasu Carrera
    Sounds like the fuel filter is sucking something up and its clogging then when it sets this junk falls back down and it restarts.

raisinL
    Mechanical or electric pump? Maybe dirt in the fuel filter? Enough fuel in the tanks? Usually no fuel preasure means no fuel. Sounds to me like its starven for fuel. Hope it helps.

73WriedtCustom
    Try performing a fuel-pressure output test, to see if your pump pases.

Diablo54
    Its and electric fuel pump, Gas was in both tanks

IMPATIENT 1
    Its and electric fuel pump, Gas was in both tanks
    WAS IT GETTIN HOT THEN SHUTTING OFF? IF SO, YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT, THEN INSTALLED A BYPASS TYPE OF FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR, IT'LL KEEP THE PUMP RUNNIN COOLER AND WILL EXTEND THE LIFE OF THE PUMP TOO.

Diablo54
    I do think it was running hot cause it would just shut off, then i would wait around and then it would start and have no problems for a while then off again?

IMPATIENT 1
    Is It A Holley Pump?blue Or Red?

Diablo54
    The pump is blue

IMPATIENT 1
    Diablo, I Had The Same Trouble With The Holley Blue's.i Still Run Em But I Bought A Bypass Regulator For It, Its Never Happened Again.i Would Replaced The Pump And Buy A Bypass Regulator If It Were Mine.you Can Sell The Pretty Chrome Regulator The Pump Comes With On Ebay For 15 Bucks.or Keep It For A Later Project(no2).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast