Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruise control for a jet? (don't laugh)...

Scarab Jet
    I have a foot throttle and was wonderin' if anybody out there makes a cruise control for it... If not, any ideas how I can rig one up myself?
    It'll be cool to have one, when just cruisin' long distances (like from Avi to Sand bar)...
    Thanx in advance...
    Mike...

Boatcop
    A brick?
    Seriously, if you figure something out, make sure you hook up a kill switch. Not a good idea to get thrown out of the boat and having to watch it head into the sunset, or into a pontoon boat full of nuns, with no one at the controls.

GUGS102
    I have a foot throttle and was wonderin' if anybody out there makes a cruise control for it... If not, any ideas how I can rig one up myself?
    It'll be cool to have one, when just cruisin' long distances (like from Avi to Sand bar)...
    Thanx in advance...
    Mike...
    Switch to a hand control, they stay open like a mercrusier system. They make them that have throttle and reverse/forward control

Captain Assin' Off
    Run a locking cable, with a twist lock in tandem with your foot throttle. I operate cranes, and have a foot throttle, and also a locking hand throttle. It sets your idle at any speed you desire, with the option to override with your foot at any time. It's a great idea, I think I'll do one also, I know what you mean on voyages longer than 10 minutes, how sweet would that be?
    Just don't leave the station unattended, while you use your drink whacker underway!!!

Trailer Park Casanova
    I have a twin engine jet with perfect pass that is an excellent cruise control for pulling skiers, or you can run it without skiers.
    Perfect pass isnt cheap though, about a grand.
    It has multi point sensing: boat speed, engine RPM's, can tell when the boat is airborn and adjust accordingly, throttle positions, set point, when ya turn everything is jazzed so it senses that too and corrects,,,, several things come into play for the cruise control to work correctly.
    Like Boatcop suggested, it has a dead man switch on the ignition if I get thrown from the boat it - kills the engine.
    Hey, it could happen.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...f_Ross-med.jpg

Old Guy
    My cruise control.
    http://files.triton.net/old1/morse_sl-3.jpg
    Works really good. Foot throttle drove me nuts.

flat broke
    It's out there, but you're gonna pay for the bling. In Control makes a foot and hand throttle combo that can work in unison. Basically, drive it by the sticks when you're cruising, but shoe it when your on the jammy. Just a guess on the price, probably around $500 for the hand throttle and shifter controls, and another $300 for the foot pedal assembly. Like I said, those are just off the cuff guestimates on the stuff, so if someone knows what In Control stuff goes for, feel free to post up. Nice stuff to be sure, and it gives the set it and forget it stuff for the run from the Avi to the Sandbar But with the cost of fuel being what it is, just float down, and save the leg for the drive back up
    Chris

boats&bars
    morse mv-3 controls even has a kill switch option buy it at rex

73WriedtCustom
    Cruise control on LAND vehicles scares me. I don't like it when I am heading up-hill, and the accelerator drops away from my foot. (Granted, this is different than the suggestions and scenarios listed above.) My point is, I like the throttle to automatically drop when I leave the helm. I'm sure you can find a nice looking female to hold the throttle down for you if you get too tired?
    Mark

taylormanss
    how about a broom handle?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast