Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22-24 foot tunnels

MACHINEHEAD
    Went out to Havi with the wifey. She is really getting behind the idea of owning a cat/tunnel. We got way pampered in my buddys 06 28 Daytona w/525s (114mph w/stock 34b1 on the limiter). What a ride, plain and simple to much coin for us. Need some input 23MTR,22 Daytona? Going to go B1/XR and build my own engine. So the builder that I choose will have to work with me or just go with a 350mag and use it as a back up. Does anyone remember a 22 tunnel called a Rapid Craft Twister22. I could have sworn I saw a red one with tan interior in Hot Boat 5 or 6 years ago. Does Talon still have a 22? Just needing some input, Thanks

mbrown2
    If you want anything bigger then a 496 in your tunnel, buy a 26 tunnel...right now they will be easier to insure then a 22...; also, there are a lot of nice used ones on the used market right now.

dirtracer
    there is an 03 27 cougar cat with 300x's, low hours and in the 50-60k range. seems like a smokin deal.
    http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=110972

MACHINEHEAD
    I also have room issues . A 23 footer is going to be way tight. Going to need a swing hitch for sure.

MACHINEHEAD
    Oh and the engine will be a all alum. 440 inch traditional small block. Painted black with stamped steel valve covers and all!

DCBDaytona
    I'd recommend DCB's Mach 22. It's a little smaller than the 22 Daytona and MTR...But certainly can handle just as nicely. We've got somebody in Havasu who just built one with the Ilmor 625. It is SICK.
    No Rapid Craft is no longer around.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    A big motor in that size boat eats up a lot of room. I would go outboard on a nice mach 22. Oh yeah.... im selling a real nice one in the spam section! Good luck finding your new boat.

Goodtime$
    We can put together a 24 footer for you with canopies.
    Smaller boats? 22DCB, i think Eliminator retooled the 22 daytona and the 24 HTM, 23 ultra deck and i think aftershock still builds the 23WPM.
    I think the Cougars are layed up in Kansas now if that helps.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...icture_089.jpg

Goodtime$
    I think, I think..wow my grammer sucks. PM me if you any questions. thanks

STVBOY
    Went out to Havi with the wifey. She is really getting behind the idea of owning a cat/tunnel. We got way pampered in my buddys 06 28 Daytona w/525s (114mph w/stock 34b1 on the limiter). What a ride, plain and simple to much coin for us. Need some input 23MTR,22 Daytona? Going to go B1/XR and build my own engine. So the builder that I choose will have to work with me or just go with a 350mag and use it as a back up. Does anyone remember a 22 tunnel called a Rapid Craft Twister22. I could have sworn I saw a red one with tan interior in Hot Boat 5 or 6 years ago. Does Talon still have a 22? Just needing some input, Thanks
    Yeah the Rapid Craft twister is no longer made but a bad ass boat.Its all foam core no wood just klegcell and super rigid. The talon 22 is also bad.A guy in Canada has the molds.He now is vacume bagging the hulls and could get them as light as 600lbs and still not lose any strength issues of the hull.My buddy talked to him several times.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast