Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northwest Nostalgic Circle Boat Race Sept21-22

CircleJerk
    OK: Here I am again, promoting our last race of the year for free! I admit, I'm cheap! Hey Rip Tide are you bringing the Scuba gear? How about a V-drive to race me or that Blonde??
    Three racers have new engines installed for the double points surveyed 3\4 mile oval at Moses Lake Washington. Cascade Park is the site where Frazer Valley holds their yearly drag race and the water conditions are usually smooth to moderate chop. It promises to be a battle with 8 boats trying to qualify for the fast six positions in the circle class. The ones that dont time in well will have to fall back to the competitive Ski class. There, a Blonde is in Second for points with a stock 402 and a Lavey-Craft trunk model. Third is the flying 1963 former Californian Lake Arrowhead speed ski racer with Ford power. He cracked a cylinder wall the last race but I hope he can fix that rare 429 Super Cobra Jet mill once more cause it Hauled GLASS!! We hear George may help in the pits or shoe someones ride so he can compete to possibly win the circle class points chase! He sits at a CLOSE second now. Whatever he decides, it's been great having a former World K boat champ show us how to trim the turn buoys and not get fined!! I know, your glasses fogged up just like mine did! Tragedy struck our favorite Sanger owner 'Flipper Mikie', his three year old son had an accident and is recovering from serious injuries due to a bad fall. I'm not sure if he will be able to make it with his Super Candy painted 19' Pro Stock. His boat is for sale. As for a boat count, I would'nt be surprised to see 20 or more especially if the Montana Mullet boys come to pick on the Oregon clean cut speed freaks and the wheat harvest is concluded south of me, we are going to have one H___ of a RACE! You can call or email me for camping phone #s or Motel res. or we'll make a spot for anyone on my crew! Or you can order your copy of our Video from Suburban White Guys Productions on the web. First come, first served. That's one flatbottoms opinion! And he's a JERK.............

boatguy222
    CJ,
    Sorry to hear about Mike, I hope everything works out alright.
    As for the race we will be there w/boat the new plate ajustments are working great. (Thanks George!}
    See you at the races !!
    Marc

Riptide01
    Hey Jerk,
    Wont make any promises. I really want to attend and get fired up for next summer.
    Yours seems like a very AFFORDABLE and FUN way to go boat racing.
    I want to work a deal on the 16 ft. Marlin. It has been sitting at Dads so long. I should be able to get it dirt cheap. It would be fun to race then maybe make some money off it and step up to a different boat.
    Dad has had a lot going on. No, he wont let us take his boat. Ricks boat is still all tore apart.
    All these boats around and nothing to play with.....
    Later Jeff
    [ September 01, 2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Riptide01 ]

blondie#1
    I'm glad you got the trimtabs fixed. Are you going to race? Is your wife coming? (I hope so in answer for both questions). As for flipper Mike, his son is doing a lot better. He is still in ICU and has 2 of the 4 tubes removed. He took a real nasty spill and his dad is still having horrible nightmares of it. We will tell you more later at the race or if you call. So if you say prayers keep them in your prayers. We saw his boy today. I little guy really wants to come home, but he can't yet. I feel so bad for him. When your 3 years old it's hard to understand. talk at you later. boatguy222:
    CJ,
    Sorry to hear about Mike, I hope everything works out alright.
    As for the race we will be there w/boat the new plate ajustments are working great. (Thanks George!}
    See you at the races !!
    Marc

CircleJerk
    Riptide01:
    Hey Jerk,
    Wont make any promises. I really want to attend and get fired up for next summer.
    Yours seems like a very AFFORDABLE and FUN way to go boat racing.
    I want to work a deal on the 16 ft. Marlin. It has been sitting at Dads so long. I should be able to get it dirt cheap. It would be fun to race then maybe make some money off it and step up to a different boat.
    Dad has had a lot going on. No, he wont let us take his boat. Ricks boat is still all tore apart.
    All these boats around and nothing to play with.....
    Later Jeffriptide: Hope you make it since its the last one! That Marlin should be a good contestant in the Ski class since they all have left rotating props. That should sell over here very easy! Talk to the owner and maybe he will bring it over with you to drive it. That is if you arent scared of having the TIME OF YOUR LIFE!~ {without a hydro} They dont turn very well I hear,{hydros}. We can loan you driving gear just put a kill switch in it. Still the Jerk

CircleJerk
    All you Northwest v-drivers pay attention. This is the last race! If you drive to Moses Lake in the middle of Washington here's what you will see: #17,l976 Sanger 427, 1975 hondo 396 #006 or 1975 Lavey 427 #SS38, 1969 Hallett 427 #50,two 1976 Barron Sprints SS79 and SK88, 1979 Sleekcraft tunnel 454 #131, 1965 Wickens Whirlwind 427 #1, 1971 Jones Starfire 355 #SK680, 1975 Beisemeyer 427, 1980 Bezer 496 #222, THESE WILL BE THE FASTER CIRCLE BOATS TRYING TO MAKE THE FAST 6 FIELD! The ski class should have 8 to 10 additional racers and their class may be divided to keep the course with only six at a time. This should be the most competitive nostalgic race ever since there are so many new entries at the end of the year and everyone wants to be the 'spoiler' in the points chase! Just to bump one of the circle boats out of contention will be a huge feather in someones fluorescent orange helmet. And all they have to do is be one of the fastest six in time trails! This will be a surveyed 3/4 mile course measured from lane one so records will be set this weekend. No rain is forcast with temps in the 70's and the spectators get in FREE. Potluck dinner on Sat with camping on a first come first served basis with LOTS of ROOM and showers! See you in the first corner-Jerk.

Riptide01
    Hey Jerk,
    Whats the better of the two days to come to Moses lake? As far as action and having fun?
    Jeff

boatguy222
    Jeff,
    Come on Sat, most everyone should still be running. On Sunday, boat will be broken and guys will be in a hurry to get home.
    Stop by PS-222 and say Hi.
    Marc

Riptide01
    Thanks Marc,
    I was thinkin Saturday.
    Good luck at the races, Will stop by.
    Jeff

jim davis
    Speak for yourself 222, If I can keep the Lavey out of the rocks , it will rock. Whereas if you still have your 4500 rpm chip in your rev-limiter and idle around the course you have a good chance of not breaking. See you at M.L>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast