Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: who invited these people to camp far west???

Wet Dream
    Gotta admit, usually tou see the V's all stacked up on the shore or on a trailer. Did anyone have balls big enough to go out and try to get the word out that there was a race? Or did everyone bitch and cry from the shore?
    PS, the topic "Who invited these guys"...who made the lake private??
    I wasn't there and I'm not sticking up for anyone, but you guys are crying about the problems there, and there isn't one post about anyone that tried to remedy the situation.

LVjetboy
    I read a couple good ideas, including more organization. You can't control boaters outside event, but I'm sure those who attended would respect "no wake" time slots...if they knew about it ahead.
    Did I read 150 boats!? Someone else mentioned and interesting point. Is it possible, w/internet publicity and all, these events can get too big?
    jer

Unchained
    Wet Dream:
    Gotta admit, usually you see the V's all stacked up on the shore or on a trailer. did everyone bitch and cry from the shore?
    From what I read here the vdrive owners felt the problem was not that their boat couldn't handle the choppy water, It was that someone elses boat could. I was at a Michigan Hot Boat meet several few years ago and a guy was trying to drive his hydro around like the jetboats in the club and a another boat drove by and it sunk. Well in his mind it was the other guys fault his boat sunk and not because his boat only had 4" of freeboard and no splash guard.

Infomaniac
    Unchained - It appears you have the "telling it like it is" thing in common with someone else.

Kindsvater Flat
    You know it doesn't matter where you go there are going to be places when you can leave the boat in the water and when you can't. As for me I leave it in majority of the time. Yet I have more than 4" of freeboard. I don't think it matters where you go you will always have boats running where you want to run on a public lake. Wether it be a jet, I/O, v-drive, PWC, or the Hud in the rubber raft . Camp Far West isn't the only place the boats are on the trailer. As I remember when I was at Berryessa the ramp there was a show ground for some nice flats and hydros. (v-drives and jets)But that makes it the shits when you only have 1 or 2 lanes to launch or pickup your boat. It is much easier when you are in the cove at Camp Far West since that is the area set aside for racing as I understood it. Also I was told you have to run baffles in the main part of the lake but not in the cove.
    Enough said and just my view.

Sangster
    The long & short on this is most of the Faster V-drives & the Faster jetboats appear to some,to be so called "Trailer Queens"...Sure there are some that will fit that description..If you have been around long, You will know that most of it has to do with common courtousy & alot of common sence..And most of all "Saftey Issues"..Our boat hits the water once in the early a.m. for a pass or two & it's back on the trailer till later in the day to give someone else a shot at runnin' their boat in some good water..That's being courteous to the other boaters..As for the common sence Issue, If you already ran your boat, And have been doing a little bit of partying afterwards, Keep it on the Trailer..Not only Smart but Safe...Also, with high HP boats, they don't always run properly when you get there or a problem developes that can't be fixed on the spot, so it on the trailer for the rest of the day/weekend.. Dragboats aren't built to run all day long..Jest a 1/4 mile at a time..And jest cause your boat don't run or has a problem doesn't mean you need to take it home..I've also seen boats up there that don't even have all the parts installed to run..They're there for the Show..Seen a very nice jetboat that had no pump in it..But he towed it 100+ miles jest to have it there..or how about the capsule boats that show up..they would have to be Crazy to run with out a pickup boat & safty equiptment in the water....These guys are there for the show..or to sell..Where else can most people see hear a top fueler run..Their very impressive..I for one enjoy them & it seems most people do also..Common sence tells me that when you go to the drag strip you don't take your car out on the track & drive around then bitch cause you almost got ran over by some one driving 100+ mph..It's all about using your better judgement cause hindsight will get someone hurt.... Oh well, this seems to be one of those deals that, if you need to be told, your not gonna' get it anyways..But hopefully it will help "Smooth the Water" so to speak regarding some of the things said about how to run a boat at a dragboat event.....
    [ January 05, 2003, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Dan Hudson
    Hi ! BK that was my boat I sold it in 2005. Do you have a video and some pictures ? . I ran that boat for 20 years and it was running 108 . 505 in. 427 tall deck , 21 over 871 littlefield blower , two 1050 dom., 714 lift solid roller , dart heads , lighten crank 8 to 1 com. , powerglide trans , 29 gears, 11 1/4 x 18 to 22 two blade , 7200 rpm every pass. If possible could you send me the pictures and video . thank you chopper124@sbcglobal.net

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567