Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: who invited these people to camp far west???

diggler
    smalls:
    I do know that Motherload Hot Boats Owned it on NYD as well as NY EVE devil
    I think the real King was Eric at the boat ramp. He was in that cold ass waterwater in waders all day launcin every body.
    Thanks again Eric! I know it wasn't Eric that this occurred with, but wasn't there some sort of fight at the end of the day at the boat ramp? Something about someone that got squirted with a diverter after a race? Just wondering....
    Oh, and my pooch Jake, (the bulldog), was happy to meet everyone he did.

dossangers
    Ill say one thing you no-cals are DEFINETLY HARD CORP BOATERS chipping ice off the boats!!!! eek! eek!

FLYTE RISK
    I am just curious what is Banderlog is it a club or what.. I saw stickers on some jet boats that said banderlog just curious?????

HM
    Here is the thread at Banderlog on CFW.
    Banderlog Forum Topic on CFW

Sangerboy
    Excellent thoughts people, I had a blast there but with so many participants it may be time for just a little organization not too much that it changes the spirit of the event but enough so that the heavy machinery could run hard and out the back door. I know that is what I would like to see as would most people when they're watching and not driving. I did my running New Year's eve and didn't put in on NYD because the water was to rough to really let it rip and traffic was quite crazy around the launch ramp. I saw bt273 really let it rip for a full pass on the northern end of the lake when he finally got a patch of decent water and early on Flyte and Sangster put on a well observed (and enjoyed) race (Sangster's son doing the driving) Time slots are a great idea as is some basic advice about making a pass and then moving aside to let the water settle. The water smooths quickly @ CFW if you make passes straight up and down the lake, What irritated me were the people going in circles or back and forth across the lake setting up rollers that took forever to dissipate. There are some sharp people out there lets hear some more on this with possible solutions.

Her454
    smalls:
    I think the real King was Eric at the boat ramp. He was in that cold ass waterwater in waders all day launcin every body.
    Thanks again Eric! DITTO! Hats off to Eric!

FLYTE RISK
    Her454:
    smalls:
    Thanks again Eric! DITTO! Hats off to Eric! YUP THANKS ERIC, I know you went through a few pairs of clothes thanx again bro..

Sui-cy-cole, I spent the day at CFW myself and as a race fan,I was quite disappointed at the lack of real racing that was able to take place. I feel sorry for the guys who towed up there only to get stuck on the trailer all day. I absolutely agree with you about all but the "jet" part. There were several v-drives out there who were just as guilty( and in some cases just as stupid). Lets not forget the two outboard and the two mini-offshore boats(why did they bring those to this tiny lake?).
    I suspect that most of the offenders didn't even realize they were screwing it up for the guys with the race boats. Friendly requests to clear the lake would probably have taken care of the situation.
    As far as the future goes, the idea of setting aside blocks of time for the different groups is nice, but this is really a racers deal and they should take precedence over the "recreational" guys. They dont get this sort of opportunity every weekend. Let them set the time plan. Let them have the ability to close the water while they run. Make sure everyone who comes in towing a boat gets a flyer with the "rules of behaviour". Get someone to run a "safety boat" with a big red flag on it to indicate when the water is off limits.
    It may take a little effort, but I think it is necessary to keep it a safe, fun and friendly event.
    RD, the Banderlog Board is more than just a "tech" board. It is nice to be able to ask a tech question, get knowledgable answers and not have it turn into a flame war like things so often do here. It also serves as a social board for a large (and growing) group of NorCal boaters. Most are jet owners, but not all. Anyone is welcome. Just bring a friendly attitude.
    Flyte, the Banderlog company was started by Jim Lee, who crewed on the Risky Business Pro Gas Jet campaigned by Keith Zellmer. First product was the "Launch Controller". It is simply an electronic box that plugs in in place of a MSD limiter chip. It is a programmable rev limiter that allows you to run a rev limit "curve" rather than a single or multistep limiter. Advantage is that it allows user to limit the rpm during a launch to just below impeller cavitation threshhold. Once a curve is developed(not too hard) you simply flat foot it out of the hole and let the box feed in the rev's. Designed for racing, not for the average lake boat.
    Second product is an all-in-one electronic header water control unit. Works great and allows user to divorce header injection system from engine cooling system.
    I meant to try and track you down.Actually missed meeting a number of people from the boards who were there. I did see the box of "Gold" Sangster left in your boat.
    [ January 02, 2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

Hud:
    ...Late in the day I found a bull horn to play around with... idea idea smile_sp So that was you playing the police car sound effects while parked next to the ramp? Right below where I was standing!

BigBoyToys
    RiverDave:
    It's a message board that specializes in "Tech" stuff..
    www.banderlog.com
    It's also a company (don't quote me on this part) that makes "Launch Controllers" for jetboats.
    I hope the guys with those stickers weren't the guys causing all the problems out in the middle of the lake.
    RD Well, since I frequent both ***boat and Banderlog forums, I had a chance to meet folks from both forums. Let me tell ya's right here and now, the Banderlog folks were EXTREMELY gracious, courteous, and respectful and not one time did I see them making unnecessary wakes and ruining the water for the faster boats that wanted to run! The Jet's from Banderlog are A-OK in my book and as far as I'm concerned, I'd love to see them at CFW every New Years and Fathers Day.
    On the other hand, let's look at this thing closer, yes there were some jets that were not so respectful, as well as Outboards, a few flatties, and even a Big boat. These folks that everyone is talkin' about, are for the most part, just your everyday independent boaters that don't get to see race boats runnin' that often and don't know how things work.
    [ January 02, 2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast