Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving on to the trailer

El Prosecutor
    How many of you guys actually drive your boats up on to the trailer?

gsb_77_xl
    It depends on how rough the water is when I am putting it on. Most of the time yes I drive it on. Its a pain in the A$$ isnt it?

GunninGopher
    I will if it is in a current. I leave the trailer up a little and drive between the fenders (carpeted). Then I hop out and have the trailer backed under the boat.
    I'd usually prefer to walk it up, though.

squirt'nmyload
    i drive mine on with no problems....except when i run out of gas!!!

Blown 472
    Every time, park the trailer close to the sea wall and just step out on it.

malcolm
    I always drive mine on. My favorite thing to do is to drop the wife off to get the truck/trailer. Then I let the dock fill up with all the jet skies and fishermen and drive around them all right up on the trailer while they all stare.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Right here, every time. The Admiral drives Lowrider tho and I get trailer-backing duty. Usually stops on the bunks about a foot short, she trims up, and toes the throttle just enough to put it on the stop-V. I snug the strap up and away we go.

olbiezer
    no way.......i always had to put a wench on my trailers because the ramps are so steep here......so i would just pull it up on the trailer with a rope and wench the final foot or so......now the daytona's trailer is much better and i could but its that one time u miss that scars the side all to hell that stops me from trying....

MBlaster
    I always drive mine on. My favorite thing to do is to drop the wife off to get the truck/trailer. Then I let the dock fill up with all the jet skies and fishermen and drive around them all right up on the trailer while they all stare.

Nice.

Beer-30
    I drop the trailer in and the wife puts the V right on the front trailer bunks. I just winch it the rest of the way. Usually only the last few inches. Works great to stick the boat on the bunks when there is a crosswind. She's only had to re-approach two or three times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast