Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CD changer is jammed

CBadDad
    I posted this in Tow Rigs section, but time is of the essense, so I'm trying again here.
    My (stock Ford) 6 disc in dash CD changer is jammed.
    This has happened before, but usually the cover plate opens up and I can stick a small screw driver in there and lift the disc a little bit and the disc will usually just pop out. Although its a little tricky pulling this manuever off at 75 mph while pulling the boat, it hasn't happened often enough for me to be concerned. Now the face plate won't lift up and I am hesitant to force it, but I am leaving for the river manana and that is a long drive with no tunes...
    Any and all help will be appreciated and I'll buy the first round when I see you out there. :rollside: Thanks in advance!

rrrr
    Spray about 1/4 can of WD-40 in the slot.

RiverDave
    I posted this in Tow Rigs section, but time is of the essense, so I'm trying again here.
    My (stock Ford) 6 disc in dash CD changer is jammed.
    This has happened before, but usually the cover plate opens up and I can stick a small screw driver in there and lift the disc a little bit and the disc will usually just pop out. Although its a little tricky pulling this manuever off at 75 mph while pulling the boat, it hasn't happened often enough for me to be concerned. Now the face plate won't lift up and I am hesitant to force it, but I am leaving for the river manana and that is a long drive with no tunes...
    Any and all help will be appreciated and I'll buy the first round when I see you out there. :rollside: Thanks in advance!
    I'm glad to know Stacy's expedition isn't the only one that does it.. What a pain in the ass. Usually only happens when it's really hot out, and on Disc # 6 for some reason.. I've stopped putting # 6 in the changer when were going to the river. Not worth the headache.
    RD

Mr. Naudio
    I'm glad to know Stacy's expedition isn't the only one that does it.. What a pain in the ass. Usually only happens when it's really hot out, and on Disc # 6 for some reason.. I've stopped putting # 6 in the changer when were going to the river. Not worth the headache.
    RD
    happens to pretty much all the in dash 6 disc
    time to go after market sound will be much better matter of time before you lose whatever disc is in there

Jyruiz
    Yes, go aftermarket and get an iPod, what are you still doing messing around with CD's anyway.

h2oski2fast
    Yes, go aftermarket and get an iPod, what are you still doing messing around with CD's anyway.
    CD's still sound way better then an Ipod.

Jyruiz
    CD's still sound way better then an Ipod.
    True, but how much better in a stock Ford sound system? The only time I listen to the CD's are in my house, for the boat and the car, the iPod is good enough.

RiverDave
    I don't know about all that Hi tech Ipod mumbo jumbo.. I just figured out how to burn CD's.. LOL
    RD

Kilrtoy
    Ok, stop armoralling the inside of the CDplayer and it will all be ok... :boxed: :boxed:

CBadDad
    I'm a single dad w/ 3 kids and a boat...I can't afford an iPod. Guess I'll have to borrow my sons...
    Ok, stop armoralling the inside of the CDplayer and it will all be ok... :boxed: :boxed:
    Us over paid joggers & shoppers gotta do something between our shifts. :crossx:
    Seriously, no ones been able to get themselves out of this jam?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast