Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Synthetic Grass

Holland
    I didn't bother looking at all the responses here, but I can tell you this....
    My neighbor put it in about 5 months ago and spent a lot of money. It looks good from far, but far from good.....What I mean is up close (which is what your going to see walking out of your house everyday, the stuff looks like crap after a little time gets a hold of it)
    Just my .02.....
    ~NORD~
    That sucks... I put it in, the expensive stuff, and after three years... Still looked killer. Mine was warranted no fade for years.

Nord
    That sucks... I put it in, the expensive stuff, and after three years... Still looked killer. Mine was warranted no fade for years.
    maybe you should drop the brand name to this guy then.
    In the end.....it is fake grass lol.......

Holland
    I did earlier.... I know, I know.. You didnt read previous posts... At least you admit it!

doesitfloat?
    Yeah, it's fake...but like EVERYTHING in life, you get what you pay for. You can have the astroturf from Home Depot or you can have the bad ass, looks and feels damn near real stuff that the colleges and pros are playing football on now. Just depends on how much you want to spend...

phxsleek
    There is a ***boat member that has a synthetic grass business....check out his website,, They are based in the Phoenix area..http://www.tuffturfphx.com/

Debbolas
    My neighbor is getting his lawn ready for this stuff, as we speak
    He showed us some really bad examples, and we were nice and said..."oh, how nice!" He laughed and then pulled out the good stuff and it looks very real.
    IMO I think it would save on water and upkeep, but I just LOVE the feel of grass under my feet, and that fresh cut smell (yum)...I'm also curious about how dog poop affects the fake grass.
    :skull: :crossx: :skull:
    :crossx: :skull: :crossx:

yeehaw
    There is a ***boat member that has a synthetic grass business....check out his website,, They are based in the Phoenix area..http://www.tuffturfphx.com/
    Thanks PHXSLEEK.
    I just got back from Powellfest and saw this post. You guys paying $9-$12/sqft are getting ripped off. Synlawn is known for very high prices. Anyway, Tuff Turf has been in business since 1997 and we do not over charge like others. We charge between $4500-6300 for 900 sqft depending on the type of grass you choose - Thats $5-$7/sqft installed!
    Dog urine and poop doesn't hurt the grass at all. The urine just drains through - the poop needs to be picked up as usual. To get the urine to drain all the way through you will have to lightly rinse the turf with water occaisonally if you live in a place where it doesn't rain much.
    If you guys have questions about synthetic grass, just ask. If I can help I will and if not I'll point you in the right direction.
    http://www.tuffturfphx.com/ads/tuffturfad1.jpg

There are several artificial turf products on the market today that are specifically designed for football and several professional stadiums, high schools, and even local parks have installed artificial turf for football fields. Unlike regular grass fields that require several gallons of water due to their vast surface areas, artificial grass fields require absolutely no watering whatsoever. This can save large sums of money over time, especially in drier months in which natural fields require more watering.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234