Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Synthetic Grass

lewiville
    check out our web site
    Affluent Living Pubalications (http://www.keyaccess.com)

THATJEFFGUY
    Oh... I am also due for a new canopy. I need one that will fold up smaller... what do you recommend?
    you want it to fold up smaller...as in shorter ? We do make an 8x8, but the folded height is still 59" I can make them smaller, but you would have to be Gary Coleman to fit underneath

jjfosterj
    Does it get hot? What is the base made out of?

Kilrtoy
    no mow + no water = more river time!!!!! always looked killer!
    unauthorized use of my name will cost you
    :boxed:

RitcheyRch
    Have seen the different manufacturers displays at the home shows. Not sure how long will take to re-coop (sp) the installation costs when compared to watering a normal lawn. This stuff is good for people like my Parents that have large outside dogs where Marathon and other types of grass will not grow.
    I'm replacing one of my lawns with it, it is 900'. We just got 3 quotes this week. I did the demo work and the quotes ranged from 6200 for some OK stuff to 8200 for some that we really like. I'm trying to get the 8200 to come down a little bit. He's going to call back tomorrow.
    The turn-around for our project is going to be 2-3 weeks, from contract to completion.
    I plan to replace all 4 of my lawns, about 5000' eventually. My water bill was at least $70 a month in the summer. 2 years ago I sodded bermuda on an 800' patch I built a playground for the kids with and found out that I am allergic to it. The gophers completely took over since I rarely went up there.
    No more watering, weeds, mowing, gophers, fertilizing, dead patches.....
    It's an easy sell for me. We'll probably go with a manufacturer that has a brown thatch layer under the blades, which I like because it looks more natural up close. It also has a built in rubber pad, 2 weed barriers and is held together with velcro instead of glue. The installer will also put a layer of rubber over it to hold it down and pad it.
    I'd suggest going to a home and garden show to talk to the contractors and see the different products. Also, when you schedule an appontment, let them know that you want them to leave you some samples. 2 of the people that gave us quotes didn't have samples. It makes the comparison more difficult, especially since I wasn't able to be home for them.
    I'm definitely going to watch the installation closely, since I'll probably try to do it myself on the next one.

ChumpChange
    If have any dogs, make sure you have a spot of real grass and train the dogs just for that area. Although they'll tell you it will soak right through, after time, it will reek of urine.

RitcheyRch
    Good suggestion
    If have any dogs, make sure you have a spot of real grass and train the dogs just for that area. Although they'll tell you it will soak right through, after time, it will reek of urine.

79Challenger
    All the new High Schools are putting this stuff in for the football fields. Wish I was that lucky to be a kid growin up playin ball today. We had ragedy ass grass full of potholes by mid season.
    Its funny you say that. We just finished installing a full synthetic track and feild at Paloma HS in Perris. We will be building a new football stadium at Vista Del Lago HS in MV starting the end of this year and if the district cajn swing it synthetic will be installed.
    On a side note on mid 90 degree weather the green synthetic turf had a temperature over 140 degrees. The white areas were over 20 degrees cooler. The feild was installed with an irrigation system, but soley for temperature control/

RitcheyRch
    This stuff sure getting popular. Definitely want some at my house when move to AZ in a few years and hopefully the prices will drop.
    Its funny you say that. We just finished installing a full synthetic track and feild at Paloma HS in Perris. We will be building a new football stadium at Vista Del Lago HS in MV starting the end of this year and if the district cajn swing it synthetic will be installed.
    On a side note on mid 90 degree weather the green synthetic turf had a temperature over 140 degrees. The white areas were over 20 degrees cooler. The feild was installed with an irrigation system, but soley for temperature control/

SHOTKALLIN
    thats some high heat! They should make the field white and paint the lines and numbers a diferent color.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast