Thread: Sunrise Boats

FreeRide
    Well, first off, I'll introduce myself, since I am new to this forum. My name is Nick, I reside in North phoenix, I don't know too many of the jet boaters around here, although I hope to in the future. Have seen quite a few of the phoenicians at the lake at one time or another.
    Now, I have a 78 sunrise, not sure of the model, if they had more than one. I do believe it is a copy of a hallet bubble deck. I found out they were around for about 6 years in Mesa, Az. It has a stock 460 with a refreshed berkley with a a/b. I plan on building the motor up a bit this winter, to maybe around 500 horse. It runs 58 on g.p.s. now. My next purchase is a place diverter and a snoot. Will do that before I pull the motor to build it.
    I was just curious if anyone had any opinions on these or the hallet hulls, it seems to ride well, although some what heavy. I don't need to hit triple digits would just like to go 75 or so. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. As I have already learned a ton just from reading through the 18 pages of topics in the last month or so.

squirt'nmyload
    welcome!!! i'm usually at saguaro with my boat during the week....we go to pleasant every weekend on my friends boat(cause its bigger)..i'll keep an eye out for ya!!

FreeRide
    Thanks. Yeah, I've only been out once this year so far. (The boat and I had a little break up) However my carb is done being rebuilt and I'll be using it semi frequently for the rest of the season. Definately going to try and make the classic boat bash at pleasant in october. I haven't been to saguaro yet with it, I normaly go to bartlett or pleasant. I'd def. like to head out to saguaro soon though.