Thread: family V-drive

lynden
    Would a V-drive make a good family boat(4 seater you can ski behind)? I have been looking into a jet, due to the fact that about 85% of the ones I see have four or more seats, and most of the V's that I see are 1 or 2 person set-ups. I realize that there are space issues due to the V-drive parts, but can one seat 4 comfortably? If so, does anyone have any pics of any set up for 4.

beaverfab
    Iynden I just sold a v drive that had seating for four. Where are you in Texas if you want to look at it I am sure smile_sp the onwer would let you and maybe take you for a ride. My day cruser is a v drive and seats 5. If you would like to talk to me call 972-438-2277 day. j.j.

lynden
    Thanks for the info JJ I may just be calling you in the next few days.
    I'm up in Greenville.

lynden
    I'm thinking something like a Sanger flatbottom, or a hydro would be just about right for me, IF I could fit four people in it. Bout 21' or so.

TX Daytona
    Lynden, I just happen to have one for sale that seats 6. 19 Ft. Daytona Mini-Daycruiser. Very nice. Has no engine. If your interested I can e-mail photos but still don't know how to post them.$3500 for a really nice boat and trailer.
    Good title.

Sangster
    TX Daytona ....Email them to me & I'll post them for you...

Sanger Pete
    Hey Lynden
    I don't know if you are interested in a project, but I have a 1968 19'-10" Sanger "Family Flat" that I've been thinking about selling. It has the shorter deck and long seating area. A friend of mine bought one new from Sanger in the late 60's and had it set up with two forward facing benches that would sit 5-6. Mine is set up for a BBC, has a Powerglide trans, all the parts, on a Mr ED tandem axel trailer. Needs paint, upholstery, and motor, but could be a real classic.

Maxey
    Lynden,
    I have a 75' 20'6" Sanger Day Cruiser. Blown 502. A great family boat and still a blast for "Dad" when he wants to "stand on it". Take some time and you can find a nice Day Cruiser for under 15K. Just my .02
    Maxey