Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Saw the new ..."K69" today

rossdbos
    "This is something that the race coordinators should definately sort out in the future at Long Beach. They were claiming it's the responsibillity of the boat owner, and that bill could've easily wound up in the 10's of thousands of dollars. The nostalgic classes I thought were originally made so that the average joe could bring his boat out to race without breaking the bank. I would like to get involved with that at some point in the future myself, but I don't know if I would in knowing that if any of the oil seeped out of a flipped boat it might end up costing 10 - 20 grand to clean up and make sure the seagulls are ok?
    RD"
    RiverDave:
    The Nostalgia Classes were created for the reasons you mentioned in your posting. However, in Boat Racing as in ALL Racing, the issue of responsibility ALWAY'S rests on the Driver/Owner. If the boat crashes, sinks and can't be lifted out by the rescue team, the promoter/conducting club is only responsible to provide you the name and number of the Salvage company to do the job, which if you have your own means are more than welcome to do use. Next, we live in California where the "Tree huggers" and "Enviro-Nazi's" have control and they deem what the punishment/fines are for "soiling" the environment. Again if your boat crashes and the fuel/oil leaks and it is seen by any local, State or Federal agency the owner/driver has the resposibility for his/her craft. Now, in the 28+ years I have been in the sport, I have seen a lot of crashes, some spills, etc. and do you know how many fines were handed out?.........................Get ready.........................ZERO! This is not to say it can't happen or won't but it hasn't to my knowledge.
    Now what happened to the Super Cinders was just an out and out TRAGEDY and I feel for Mike Leach, Dwight Moody Sr. and the team. I was contacted after the LB Lifeguard realized there wasn't just a hole in the bottom of the boat but that the fuel tank was ruptured and spilling fuel into the engine compartment thus the reason they were so quick to use foam. Leach grabbed Gas Cans and siphon hoses and pumped out the gas/foam mixture in order to prevent any spillage thus preventing any environmental issues.
    So in conclusion, it sucked it happened and it almost was a disaster, not only for Mike but everyone. Thankfully the race community along with the fans helped out and averted a potential problem.
    Hope this makes it clear.
    Thanks for coming to the Races.
    Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

BADBLOWN572
    Ross, Bill Reiter and myself were the first ones on site when Super Cinders crashed. Additionally, we were the ones that were helping Mike get the fuel out of the boat. It appeared that the lifeguards were incorrect in saying that the fuel tank was punctured. We witnessed the fuel spilling out of the fuel fill. With the boat being on its side, all of the fuel drained from the stbd. side to the port tank. The angle of the boat on the rocks caused it to come out of the fuel fill. The tanks appeared to be in perfect shape. Once we got the fuel out of the boat, any/all leakage stopped.
    I do believe that hosing the boat down 3x was a bit in excess, and the initial attitude of the life guard was not cheerful :yuk:, but it was their job and they have to cover their tail.
    One thing that I really do have to say is that Greg Foster really stepped up to help out a fellow boater. That was one of the best things that I have ever seen. Talk about going completely out of someone's way to help a person in their time of need. Way to go!

RiverDave
    "This is something that the race coordinators should definately sort out in the future at Long Beach. They were claiming it's the responsibillity of the boat owner, and that bill could've easily wound up in the 10's of thousands of dollars. The nostalgic classes I thought were originally made so that the average joe could bring his boat out to race without breaking the bank. I would like to get involved with that at some point in the future myself, but I don't know if I would in knowing that if any of the oil seeped out of a flipped boat it might end up costing 10 - 20 grand to clean up and make sure the seagulls are ok?
    RD"
    RiverDave:
    The Nostalgia Classes were created for the reasons you mentioned in your posting. However, in Boat Racing as in ALL Racing, the issue of responsibility ALWAY'S rests on the Driver/Owner. If the boat crashes, sinks and can't be lifted out by the rescue team, the promoter/conducting club is only responsible to provide you the name and number of the Salvage company to do the job, which if you have your own means are more than welcome to do use. Next, we live in California where the "Tree huggers" and "Enviro-Nazi's" have control and they deem what the punishment/fines are for "soiling" the environment. Again if your boat crashes and the fuel/oil leaks and it is seen by any local, State or Federal agency the owner/driver has the resposibility for his/her craft. Now, in the 28+ years I have been in the sport, I have seen a lot of crashes, some spills, etc. and do you know how many fines were handed out?.........................Get ready.........................ZERO! This is not to say it can't happen or won't but it hasn't to my knowledge.
    Now what happened to the Super Cinders was just an out and out TRAGEDY and I feel for Mike Leach, Dwight Moody Sr. and the team. I was contacted after the LB Lifeguard realized there wasn't just a hole in the bottom of the boat but that the fuel tank was ruptured and spilling fuel into the engine compartment thus the reason they were so quick to use foam. Leach grabbed Gas Cans and siphon hoses and pumped out the gas/foam mixture in order to prevent any spillage thus preventing any environmental issues.
    So in conclusion, it sucked it happened and it almost was a disaster, not only for Mike but everyone. Thankfully the race community along with the fans helped out and averted a potential problem.
    Hope this makes it clear.
    Thanks for coming to the Races.
    Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.
    Ross, don't take my post the wrong way I was just kind of shocked when I was standing there and listening to the conversation between the lifeguard and Mike Leach is all.
    RD

wsuwrhr
    So?
    I dont know shit about circleboat racing,
    Seems like it mirrors exactly what happened to the K-5.
    Could the balance be off with the capsule in it?
    Drag boats with capsules don't run in bad water so they don't get turned around as easy right?
    Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    So?
    Its true, you don't know shit about circleboat racing.

wsuwrhr
    Its true, you don't know shit about circleboat racing.
    Didn't I already say that?
    Is there an echo?
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    I was just curious why two different boats, both with capsules, with two different drivers, on two different race courses, and two different days, both crash the same way.
    Brian

RiverDave
    I was just curious why two different boats, both with capsules, with two different drivers, on two different race courses, and two different days, both crash the same way.
    Brian
    Coincedence?
    RD

wsuwrhr
    Coincedence?
    RD
    Could be sir.
    That's my question RD.

Wildchild80
    Brian
    In my opinion the 2 boats did not crash in the same way. The K5 boat needed to move some weight around to balance it out. The K69 boat had a failure on the overide system that caused it to crash. This part is the most important part NO DRIVERS WERE INJURED IN EITHER CRASH. We are going thru some learning stages with these canopies I think they will evolve into somthing that will work very well. Negative thoughts or bashing will not solve these problems.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast