Thread: Older Boat Insurance

SANGER-RICH
    Who insures older 70s boats , I talked to one insurance company and they said no one in California will do it any more, Got my 74 sanger almost ready to go and cant insure that darn thing through conventional methods

NUTHIN
    good question, ive got 2 boats ide like to insure also..
    anyone??

HM
    B.S.!! AAA, Progressive, and others will insure lots of old boats. But, what is next to impossible to insure is anything with over the transom headers and old boats that go fast or any boat that goes fast for that matter. The problem is NOT the age.

warpt71
    The problem is NOT the age.
    Not entirley true. I spoke with Allstate and they will not insure any boat more than 25 years old. Now I did found a loop hole for my 71 Hondo, add it to my dads boat policy, that he has had for 20+ years. You can add to an existing pollicy but they will not write up a new policy for anythign older that 25. Bottom line. Every insurance company will have some sort of story as to why they will not do it, I was also told to check with other speciality insurance groups such as Hagerty. Hope this helps, let us know what you find!!

65MILLER
    I was in the same boat a few months ago, before I bought my Miller. Nobody would do it. Not even Hagerty. I finally found a place that has been "insuring our type of boats for 30 years." However, two carbs or blown they will not do. OT pipes o.k.. Call (928)680-6008.

SANGER-RICH
    The problem is NOT the age.
    Not entirley true. I spoke with Allstate and they will not insure any boat more than 25 years old. Now I did found a loop hole for my 71 Hondo, add it to my dads boat policy, that he has had for 20+ years. You can add to an existing pollicy but they will not write up a new policy for anythign older that 25. Bottom line. Every insurance company will have some sort of story as to why they will not do it, I was also told to check with other speciality insurance groups such as Hagerty. Hope this helps, let us know what you find!!
    Does he have Allstate??

warpt71
    Does he have Allstate??
    Yeah we insure everything together, its cherper for both of us. He has had the same insurance policy's and agent for the last 30 years. Our agent told us that we could underwrite my boat to my dad's policy, he has a 73 Sanger. With the add on we also avoid an inspection, all they want to know the gereral info, size, engin, yada yada yada. Its going to make life alot easer for me and more stressfull for my old man cause now he is liable for my stuff lol!!!!!!

warpt71
    I was in the same boat a few months ago, before I bought my Miller. Nobody would do it. Not even Hagerty. I finally found a place that has been "insuring our type of boats for 30 years." However, two carbs or blown they will not do. OT pipes o.k.. Call (928)680-6008.
    Whats the name of the company?
    So would mechanical stack injection be ok? no carbs or blowers there?

77Eliminator
    Try Dwain at Alternative Insuarnce Agency in Corona 951 280-9999