Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford 557 With Buzzard Catcher (mpeg)

LakesOnly
    I thought you Ford guys might like to see a neat build.
    This engine was built by Dave McLain in Cuba, MO. It is an .080" overbore Ford 460 and has been stroked to 557 cubes (4.44" Bore x 4.50" Stroke). These readily available rotating assemblies fit into any producton 429/460 block without any crankcase clearancing. Forged or cast cranks are available; the quality brand name 557 stroker kits (crank, H-beam rods, forged pistons, rings & bearings) retail for about $1500 +/-, and the forged crank is an optional upgrade that I imagine could be had for perhaps an additonal $500 or so. This particular engine uses A460 heads and tunnel ram.
    This engine was first built as a blown motor, but it was decided that the power output was just too much for the tubed drag truck's chassis.
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../557blown3.jpg
    For this reason, the blower system was removed and sold. It was then replaced with the Buzzard Catcher fit to the top of the T/R plenum. No video of the truck making a pass just yet...this mpeg appears to show the motor running for the first time. The engine idles so smoothly, but I am particularly impressed with its crisp, snappy throttle response. Ford strokers like a lot of air, and the Buzzard delivers. Turn on your audio speakers.
    Dial up users beware; this is a 90-second clip and a long download for you guys. CLICK HERE (http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t=DSCN0986.flv)
    LO

Blown 472
    Any idear where they got that fuel cell and the fuel pump drive?

GofastRacer
    Dam that is badass, but what else would you expect from injection!..

dmontzsta
    That is BAD ASS!
    Dave Mclain also has a CD out, you guys should grab a copy!

ONAROLL
    Im feeling it..........oh yes........definitely feeling it.............

IMPATIENT 1
    SWEET!
    paul, i'm savin for my 557 now, got the block bored already and its on the stand.we bbf guys talked about this in another thread awhile back but i can't find it. anyways, what kinda power do you think a mild roller(650-680 lift maybe) cammed 557 with d3's will make? i've already ported and intalled bigger ss valves in the heads, just not gonna be able to swing nice heads this yr. after building the short block.will be runnin a victor with dominator.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Man that's sweet running, Thx LO, very high cool factor. I ASSume it's an alky-engine?
    Impatient, PM me all the details of ya build and I'll DD-it and see what it comes up with & PM it back to ya.

IMPATIENT 1
    Man that's sweet running, Thx LO, very high cool factor. I ASSume it's an alky-engine?
    Impatient, PM me all the details of ya build and I'll DD-it and see what it comes up with & PM it back to ya.
    smoke, i haven't picked out a cam yet.roller cam swap is expensive once you factor in springs, lifters, pushrods, and cam all together.
    paul , ya got any used roller cams and lifters layin around.

Norseman
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!

Dam that is badass, but what else would you expect from injection!.. Injection...Hell!! What would you expect from a Ford??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast