Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Red Rocker Schiada update

Schiada Time
    We are working Thursday and Friday night on the boat getting the transom blocks fit back up to the transom for the cav plate, re-installing the side d-rings, and working on plumbing. After that all that will be left is wiring. I have decided to just be patient and not try to push for labor day. I need time to test and tune at Elsinore and get a feel for the boat. Besides I can ride in Pops Schiada and be the trailer bitch. Revndave has a 12x15 Menkins 3-blade I am going try as the 10-7/8-inch x15 is too small. With any luck I'll be ready for the water a few weeks after labor day and can squeeze one or two trips in to my folks place at Mead before its gets to nippy.

wolfie
    That would explain a couple of holes in the stringers that are asealed up with Marine Tex. Minus the windshield and with the addition of a white rap Impy's 3-spoke billet steering wheel this is pretty much what she will look like once I am done. Trying to go to Superdave's tonight to map out the plumbing and spend some green. The interior is the same as in this pick although slightly more worn. Going to clean it up as best I can and run it for a few years as my bank account is in pain right now. all the underwater gear/motor and trans, wiring and plumbing and new transom put me in the hole pretty good.
    trav
    Why you loosing the windshield. I actually think that the reverse line(forward tilting windshield) adds to it.

sawtooth
    Looks very cool Travis, a belated welcome to the Schiada family. Nothing much better than having one of your own. Sounds like you should have it ready for the Regata. Keep up the nice work and don't worry about the money thing you will forget all about that in I'd say 5 minutes of your first ride.
    Chris.

Schiada Time
    Thanks for the props guys. Always wanted one, now I got one, stoked as hell.
    Travis

mbrown2
    Looks very cool Travis, a belated welcome to the Schiada family. Nothing much better than having one of your own. Sounds like you should have it ready for the Regata. Keep up the nice work and don't worry about the money thing you will forget all about that in I'd say 5 minutes of your first ride.
    Chris.
    When is the Regatta?

mondorally
    When is the Regatta?
    I don't think there is one this year If anyone knows, post up!
    -Justin

Schiada Time
    It was up in the air and then I heard they cancelled it. Hot Boat is still listing it in their calendar section in the magazine though?

mondorally
    So I just heard from Lee @ Schiada. Regatta's will be every other year.
    -Justin

Schiada Time
    No surpirse. I think that is how they did it when I was a kid and my parents took us. If they are every other year than it should be happening as the last one was in '04. hope Lee doesn't think he's gettin' off the hook. If no formal regatta we should get a handful of schiada owners together anyway but can we go anywhere but havasu. Sorry guys Havasu and me no friends.

Schiada Time
    Heading to an engine builders shop today to put the opil cooler and trans. cooler in a solvent tank and clean them out before hooking up the plumbing. I will finish up mounting the cav plate transom pillow blocks tonight and mounting the side hook d-rings and the cav plate hole bezel. We also plan to mount the oil and trans cooler and fuel pumps and get an idea of the plumbing needs. tomorrow afternoon I will head to superDave's and map out any braided line and fittings needed. All that is left after that is to do the plumbing and wire it and I am good to go.
    trav

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast