I got a 460 from a guy the other night. When I got it home and was inspecting it, I found out that the #3 exhaust port was pretty sludgy. After pulling the valve cover, found a bent push rod, and the lifter had popped out of it's spot. Now, there is no scaring on the cam, am I ok to drop in a new lifter and push rod, and go, or is there some serious work needed? How could this have happend?
Also, I have a set of D3VE heads, and a set of C8VE heads, which are better? What is the legnth of the pushrods on the C8VE? I also have both a Performer RPM, and Performer 460 intake as well. Which is better? The motor I am putting in has the Edelbrock Intake kit in it to the Performer 460 intake, but when installing this, I'd like to know which is going to be a better performance. This is just a lake rod. No racing, nothing major, just cruising, and some skiing. It hooked to a YJ jet, so you know I am not looking at performance right now. Not till next winter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...
BRA