Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Tunnel owners.....

1968Droptop
    I'm looking to find out more about Texas tunnel boats. I'd like some personal expiences with this specific boat, and maybe some details photo's if possible. I'd also like to here what you like and don't like about these hulls. I'm looking to purchase one, but would like some input, good or bad.

sdba069
    I've owned a few of them, what would you like to know? You can respond to my email if you like, snowman069@hotmail.com

1968Droptop
    I've owned a few of them, what would you like to know? You can respond to my email if you like, snowman069@hotmail.com
    Took you up on your offer, check your e-mail. THANKS !!!!

78CoLe
    hey sdba 069 did you own a 16' white texes tunnel named snowman cause if you did i got it here in needles ca we won pro gas jet with it in 2002 well actually pete mconnell did

RICHARD TILL
    a friend of mine and myself own three of them. i think its one of the quickest hulls made. you`ll have to show it the upmost respect. great race boat and a fair lake boat. has`nt happened to us yet but we know it will pitch your but in a new york second.

MikeF
    but we know it will pitch your but in a new york second.
    Happens REAL QUICK! Seen it at near top speed (albeit in some really choppy water).
    For recreational boating......opinion, stay away from this hull. :rollside:

1968Droptop
    Happens REAL QUICK!
    For recreational boating......opinion, stay away from this hull. :rollside:
    That's the kind of info I'm looking for right there. I've been told they're a real fast hull, but that's all I really know. I took a ride in a 21' Eliminator the other weekend, my fist time in a tunnel. What an GREAT riding boat !!! 1.5' of chop, 4 people, 50 gallons of fuel and 90+, smooth as glass . I was hooked right away ! I'd heard that the Texas Tunnels are really fast which naturally got my interest. I'm not going to race it, except against my buddies, and it will indeed spend most if it's time on a lake.
    If a TT isn't what I'm after, I'm open to opinions. I want it to be fast (who doesn't), but not flighty. I doubt if I want to go to a 21', I'd prefer a `19. My current 18' Sanger Sprint is a kick in the *ss, but a bit rough compaired to that Daytona. I'm 6'5", so I'll somehow need to fit into whatever I get :rollside:
    Thanks for sharing your experiences !!!

SmokinLowriderSS
    a friend of mine and myself own three of them. i think its one of the quickest hulls made. you`ll have to show it the upmost respect. great race boat and a fair lake boat. hasn't happened to us yet but we know it will pitch your but in a new york second.
    I've heard them refered to as "Texas-get-wet's" in certain circles.

steelcomp
    That's the kind of info I'm looking for right there. I've been told they're a real fast hull, but that's all I really know. I took a ride in a 21' Eliminator the other weekend, my fist time in a tunnel. What an GREAT riding boat !!! 1.5' of chop, 4 people, 50 gallons of fuel and 90+, smooth as glass . I was hooked right away ! I'd heard that the Texas Tunnels are really fast which naturally got my interest. I'm not going to race it, except against my buddies, and it will indeed spend most if it's time on a lake.
    If a TT isn't what I'm after, I'm open to opinions. I want it to be fast (who doesn't), but not flighty. I doubt if I want to go to a 21', I'd prefer a `19. My current 18' Sanger Sprint is a kick in the *ss, but a bit rough compaired to that Daytona. I'm 6'5", so I'll somehow need to fit into whatever I get :rollside:
    Thanks for sharing your experiences !!!Look for a deal on a 19' Youngblood, Earl Smith, or CP gullwing.

IMPATIENT 1
    i'm hooked on gettin a cheyenne tunnel. best of both worlds from what i've herd. they ride great, stable and it doesn't take a thousand hp to get it to upper 90's.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast