Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Islamic center

framer1
    If you were giving a set of plans to bid and it turned out to be an Islamic center, what would your reaction be. I'm leaning toward not even bidding it. Just don't feel good about working on an Islamic church. What do you think? Am I over reacting?

YeLLowBoaT
    If you were giving a set of plans to bid and it turned out to be an Islamic center, what would your reaction be. I'm leaning toward not even bidding it. Just don't feel good about working on an Islamic church. What do you think? I'm I over reacting?
    your over reacting. If you really don't want to do it, bid high enough so were you don't feel bad about doing it... :crossx:

Outnumbered
    I'll go out on a limb and say I'm with you. Call me what you want but I am not feeling the love from those people. "Few bad apples" blah blah blah. I want nothing to do with them.

Mandelon
    I'd Pass.

Boatcop
    If you do it, just keep a set of "as built" plans to give to the FBI.
    Especially of the armored basement prayer chamber.

Biglue
    It's hard to look the other way man when other people of the same faith are doing what they are doing. I wouldn't do it either. You shouldn't feel bad about turning it down either. Just my .02

Pheelin Phroggy
    Tough one, being recently retired from the Army, its really tough to discriminate based upon religion. That said, it would have to be a religion, and the Muslim faith is considered more of a fanaticism by most of the world population. If you believe that it is not in the best interest of national security, that I wouldn't touch it. But understand, somebody is going to build it and as much as i would prefer not to see it built, I would feel better knowing that the person that built it was making sure he had the best intentions of our great country in mind. Hell, given the right circumstances, the right person could probably stall the project for quite awhile.
    Just my .02

Red Horse
    Bid it at $1M a sq foot. When they ask why, tell them you are going to give a percentage to the federal government so next time the blow something up we will already have the money to pay the victims.
    I dont buy a word of their "peaceful religion bullshit." When is the last time your average Southern Baptist killed 3000+ people. :220v:

cordova
    I think it all depends on your moral out look. 1. You're running a business and business is business no more...no less. 2. If your really really objected to not doing it by some moral obligation, then your morals are always right. I know I wouldn't do work on a KKK members house, but that doesn't mean I'll never work on a white persons house...just because the KKK is made up of white members. I think this is an issue that only you can decide. With that in mind, you have to think of your regular clients and also future clients. Will some of your clients look down upon you for doing a project for a group that is a hot button around the world right now. Or will they look up to you by looking past the racial in differences and commend you for providing your best work, when others may have dismissed due simply to race...Wow sorry for the novel.. this thread just seemed to pick my brain.

rrrr
    Frame it......
    Collect your money......
    and burn the motherphucer down!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast