Thread: Swim step brackets/ideas

HM
    I want to put a full width swim step on my Campbell. What kind of bracketry exists out there? I have seen the brackets with the integrated pillow blocks for the cav bar - but don't know where to buy them. I want to make the swim step right at water level. I can fab up the actual step out of teak, so I am mostly concerned about the hardware. My exhaust will interfere, but I was planning on using down-turns that would go through the step.
    I saw a Hallet Vector with the trickest swim step brackets with the integrated pillow blocks...but it looked custom as it was all in billet and polished. It also had some nice designs in the bracketry.
    Ideas? Sources?

InKahntrol
    I used the stainless bracket from Rex (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...=swimstepbrkts) , along with their urethane full-width swim step rather than teak (less maintenance). It works bitchen, right at the water line, couldn't be happier. The bar for the cav plates runs between the diagonal support tube and the transom bracket.
    Also talk to Dave Sammons. He has done brackets like you're talking about, and his work on Brent Spurlin's 24 Spectra is nothing short of awesome.

steveo143
    I have 4 brackets with the integrated bar supports and a teak swim step that were on my Dimarco 21 that are for sale. The brackets are maganese bronse and could be chromed.

HM
    I have 4 brackets with the integrated bar supports and a teak swim step that were on my Dimarco 21 that are for sale. The brackets are maganese bronse and could be chromed.
    got any pics?
    PM $ you are wanting.

HM
    I used the stainless bracket from Rex (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...=swimstepbrkts) , along with their urethane full-width swim step rather than teak (less maintenance). It works bitchen, right at the water line, couldn't be happier. The bar for the cav plates runs between the diagonal support tube and the transom bracket.
    Also talk to Dave Sammons. He has done brackets like you're talking about, and his work on Brent Spurlin's 24 Spectra is nothing short of awesome.
    I have looked at the route like the brackets REX has, and that is not the route I want to go.
    I already got someone who pm'd me that told me to write down the idea on a napkin and he would machine them up. I am not sure what I am going to do for the actual swim step material. One swim step that I saw that was really nice and tough had a rhino coating on it. But teak is always nice. I don't mind the maintenance of teak.

MKEELINE
    I'm very interested in your swim step. Is it still available? Does anyone else have one available?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Campbell Dude
    The ones I use are
    ALLOY
    Welding Services Inc.
    Marine Products Division
    Novato, Ca
    (415) 892-4770
    Very cool two piece brackets that bolt to boat and swim step. The swimstep can be removed quickley by removing the quick release pins, leaving just the small mounting brackets on the boat. I am not sure if this company is still in busnis or not. I do have some more info and detail drawings that I could send you if interested, they are perty simple and could be fabed up without much trouble.

MKEELINE
    The ones I use are
    ALLOY
    Welding Services Inc.
    Marine Products Division
    Novato, Ca
    (415) 892-4770
    Very cool two piece brackets that bolt to boat and swim step. The swimstep can be removed quickley by removing the quick release pins, leaving just the small mounting brackets on the boat. I am not sure if this company is still in busnis or not. I do have some more info and detail drawings that I could send you if interested, they are perty simple and could be fabed up without much trouble.
    Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. I'm interested in seeing the other info you have also. Got any pictures?You can fax it to me @ 559-741-7035.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Campbell Dude
    I cant fax wright now, if you PM me with an e-mail address I can send as an attachment.
    I se you are in Visalia, is Flintstones still there I have many memerys of that place.