Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat Article ?

VD CRUISER
    Any body see the informative article on "changing gears" ? I didn't know I should take my V-drive out of the boat to change gears. Also how many of you guys run the "Big" gear on the bottom ?

coolchange
    HAHA, seen that before! Guy said his boat didin't "seem right". Went for a ride and thought "maybe?" Sure enough, big gear on the bottom.

superdave013
    I have not seen it but I hear the bearing puller is pretty pimp.

VD CRUISER
    Yea Dave , good work on the bearing puller, you'll probably have to build another couple thousand of them now. Actually I'm pleased they had an article on V-drives instead of jets. :boxed:

Sangerboy
    Also how many of you guys run the "Big" gear on the bottom ?
    You mean on purpose? :redface:

schiada96
    You mean on purpose? :redface:
    If you put the big one on top it sure works wonders for engine life.
    Hi Greg

Sangerboy
    If you put the big one on top it sure works wonders for engine life.
    Hi Greg
    Hey Jeff, send me your new address, and check your pm's. Greg

superdave013
    Ok, I just read it. lol
    that bearing puller is nothing new. casalle has made those for as long as the quick change v drive has been around. I just flipped the jaws over and cut an extra set on the back side. I guess that means I knocked it off. Shame on me.
    I wish I knew they were writing it as the way to do it is leave the v drive in the boat. Put a trash bag under it (from the front) and drop the trailer tongue as low as ya can. crack open the case like they show and all the oil runs right in the bag. No need to remove the drive side case from the mounting plate. Might want to keep an eye on the bolts because the outter ones are fine thread and the ones on the bearing caps are course. Don't forget about the 2 long ones in the center of the cases either.
    I donno about that 0.020" of gear lash either but I'll let the experts fill in that part. All I'll say about that is don't F it up because you don't want 12 pounds of gears blowing up that close to your nuts.

olbiezer
    All I'll say about that is don't F it up because you don't want 12 pounds of gears blowing up that close to your nuts.
    damn dave....u have a way with words lol

GofastRacer
    I donno about that 0.020" of gear lash either but I'll let the experts fill in that part. All I'll say about that is don't F it up because you don't want 12 pounds of gears blowing up that close to your nuts.
    Well I didn't see that article but it must have been good for a laugh, but .020 backlash is way out of line, .008-.010 max is all that's required!..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast